Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

flu??? were the kids that died vaccinated???

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
??
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 10, 2013 at 5:34 AM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 10, 2013 at 5:52 AM

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

They as in the CDC.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

I've wondered the stats in that as well. If they are or some are you bet they won't release that information.

Who is they? The family can release whatever the hell they choose to.

The CDC can't release information about a kid who died and name the child-that violates HIPPA.

They can compile data and about 2 years from now release their findings...but who reads it at that point?

Frankly kids who die of the flu ARE more likely to be vaccinated.  Because at risk kids are more likely to be vaccinated. The year my oldest was home bound for her depressed immune system we all had to get flu shots-and so did she.  Normally we don't, again, except for her.

notjstanothrmom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 5:57 AM
I've not read about it other then 18 deaths. Either way, we won't be told if those kids were vaccinated or had compressed immune systems.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

They as in the CDC.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

I've wondered the stats in that as well. If they are or some are you bet they won't release that information.

The CDC can't release information about a kid who died and name the child-that violates HIPPA.

They can compile data and about 2 years from now release their findings...but who reads it at that point?

Frankly kids who die of the flu ARE more likely to be vaccinated.  Because at risk kids are more likely to be vaccinated. The year my oldest was home bound for her depressed immune system we all had to get flu shots-and so did she.  Normally we don't, again, except for her.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 10, 2013 at 6:03 AM
4 moms liked this
No one was vaccinated against this strain of flu.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 10, 2013 at 6:07 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

I haven't had the flu since childhood and have never had the flu shot. The flu shot often gives the person the flu and and is certainly no where near 100% effective.

The chance that they had the shot is pretty real.

Quoting littlelamb303:

I don't know but most likely not.  We get the flu shot here and since I started getting the vaccine, I never got the flu again.  DD always got the shot and has never had the flu.

The flu shot does not give the person the flu you really should educate yourself in this matter. Nothing is 100% effective in life. It does help to have the shot though.

To answer the op I am wondering that as well.

Both times my dd got influenza she did not have the shot .

notjstanothrmom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 6:09 AM
Yes it can and does.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

I haven't had the flu since childhood and have never had the flu shot. The flu shot often gives the person the flu and and is certainly no where near 100% effective.

Quoting littlelamb303:

I don't know but most likely not.  We get the flu shot here and since I started getting the vaccine, I never got the flu again.  DD always got the shot and has never had the flu.

The flu shot does not give the person the flu you really should educate yourself in this matter. Nothing is 100% effective in life. It does help to have the shot though.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 10, 2013 at 6:32 AM
1 mom liked this
The flu shot CANNOT give you the flu as it is a dead strain and not a live one.

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

Yes it can and does.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

Quoting littlelamb303:

Cristie0911
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 6:34 AM
However, if you get the FLU MIST, that's does contain the live virus and can therefore possibly give you the flu.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 10, 2013 at 6:34 AM
2 moms liked this

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 10, 2013 at 6:42 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

They as in the CDC.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

Actually the CDC Data is really up-to-date.  Here are the stats for week ending December 29, 2012.

http://www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly/

Sorry I can't make it clicky.

notjstanothrmom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 6:42 AM
You can get it if you were vaccinated with the nasal spray.

Both have failure rates as well that are quite high.

Quoting Anonymous:

The flu shot CANNOT give you the flu as it is a dead strain and not a live one.

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

Yes it can and does.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

Quoting littlelamb303:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)