Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

flu??? were the kids that died vaccinated???

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
??
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 10, 2013 at 5:34 AM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 10, 2013 at 6:45 AM

Quoting Cristie0911:

However, if you get the FLU MIST, that's does contain the live virus and can therefore possibly give you the flu.

Nope.

http://www.mc.vanderbilt.edu/reporter/index.html?ID=3689

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 10, 2013 at 6:48 AM

your  idiotic pharma shill  link is almost ten years old...pharma changes info ALL the time....why don't you provide a RECENT link that actually agrees with today's standards, not something that's almost ten years old. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Cristie0911:

However, if you get the FLU MIST, that's does contain the live virus and can therefore possibly give you the flu.

Nope.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 10, 2013 at 6:49 AM

here's the package insert...and it says RIGHT IN THERE this vaccine can SHED to others...

http://www.medimmune.com/pdf/products/flumist_pi.pdf

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Cristie0911:

Nope.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 10, 2013 at 6:49 AM

I think this is for certain people-and I feel many more may be like our family.  Only one year we got the flu because we coudlnt get the shot dr ran out, and every strain out there we got.  Before that and since then we get the shot early in Oct and hasnt gotten the flu, we have gotten some sinus infections that last several days on meds-with barely a loss of work or school with that.

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

I haven't had the flu since childhood and have never had the flu shot. The flu shot often gives the person the flu and and is certainly no where near 100% effective.

The chance that they had the shot is pretty real.

Quoting littlelamb303:

I don't know but most likely not.  We get the flu shot here and since I started getting the vaccine, I never got the flu again.  DD always got the shot and has never had the flu.

notjstanothrmom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 6:54 AM
Of course you will be more likely to catch it with lowered immune systems from years of heavy metals from past vaccines coursing through your veins.

Quoting Anonymous:

I think this is for certain people-and I feel many more may be like our family.  Only one year we got the flu because we coudlnt get the shot dr ran out, and every strain out there we got.  Before that and since then we get the shot early in Oct and hasnt gotten the flu, we have gotten some sinus infections that last several days on meds-with barely a loss of work or school with that.

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

I haven't had the flu since childhood and have never had the flu shot. The flu shot often gives the person the flu and and is certainly no where near 100% effective.

Quoting littlelamb303:

I don't know but most likely not.  We get the flu shot here and since I started getting the vaccine, I never got the flu again.  DD always got the shot and has never had the flu.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 10, 2013 at 6:56 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

your  idiotic pharma shill  link is almost ten years old...pharma changes info ALL the time....why don't you provide a RECENT link that actually agrees with today's standards, not something that's almost ten years old. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Cristie0911:

Nope.

Sorry.  I went to my local hospital's website.  I didn't realize that it was such an old entry.  Here is what is on Colorado Cildren's Hospital website:

http://www.childrenscolorado.org/wellness/topics/flu-mist-myths.aspx

CDC's website has the same information.  But I guess you would think that they are all "Big Pharma" so please enlighten me as to where you got your info?

mamoore83
by Silver Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 6:57 AM
The flu shot is definitely not 100% but it does not give you the flu.

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

Quoting littlelamb303:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 10, 2013 at 6:58 AM
Wrong

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

Quoting littlelamb303:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 10, 2013 at 6:59 AM
3 moms liked this
Oh good lord. Sometimes the ignorance on this site still shocks me. Educate yourself.

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

Yes it can and does.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

Quoting littlelamb303:

The flu shot does not give the person the flu you really should educate yourself in this matter. Nothing is 100% effective in life. It does help to have the shot though.

To answer the op I am wondering that as well.

Both times my dd got influenza she did not have the shot .

twinmommy27
by Ruby Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 7:00 AM
1 mom liked this
The shot gave me flu symptoms 3-4 hours after I got it. I felt like crap for 3 days!
I won't get it again..some people (like myself) have a bad reaction to the shot.

It affects everyone different.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

Quoting littlelamb303:

The flu shot does not give the person the flu you really should educate yourself in this matter. Nothing is 100% effective in life. It does help to have the shot though.

To answer the op I am wondering that as well.

Both times my dd got influenza she did not have the shot .

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured