Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

flu??? were the kids that died vaccinated???

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
??
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 10, 2013 at 5:34 AM
Replies (41-50):
fullxbusymom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 7:20 AM

No it doesn't.  You are very uneducated on the subject.  Just look on the CDC website on the subject.

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

Yes it can and does.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

I haven't had the flu since childhood and have never had the flu shot. The flu shot often gives the person the flu and and is certainly no where near 100% effective.

The chance that they had the shot is pretty real.

Quoting littlelamb303:

I don't know but most likely not.  We get the flu shot here and since I started getting the vaccine, I never got the flu again.  DD always got the shot and has never had the flu.

The flu shot does not give the person the flu you really should educate yourself in this matter. Nothing is 100% effective in life. It does help to have the shot though.

To answer the op I am wondering that as well.

Both times my dd got influenza she did not have the shot .

h0tp0t
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 7:20 AM
My daughter and I are never received the shot and we've never had the flu.

I work in retail and attend college and she's in 2nd grade so I am sure we've been exposed.

There is something to be said for healthy eating..

Quoting eesmommy:

I have no clue. I do however know of a several families who got the shot and the flu has gotten them all. We didn't and haven't gotten the shot, have been around the flu and some aweful nasty wretched cold and haven't had even a sniffle. I attribute it to super healthy eating .... when we did get the shot we all wound up sick, except dh who never got the shot lol.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
notjstanothrmom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 7:22 AM
I edited my original reply. I'm certainly not uneducated about it. We take vaccines very seriously.

Quoting fullxbusymom:

No it doesn't.  You are very uneducated on the subject.  Just look on the CDC website on the subject.

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

Yes it can and does.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

I haven't had the flu since childhood and have never had the flu shot. The flu shot often gives the person the flu and and is certainly no where near 100% effective.

Quoting littlelamb303:

I don't know but most likely not.  We get the flu shot here and since I started getting the vaccine, I never got the flu again.  DD always got the shot and has never had the flu.

The flu shot does not give the person the flu you really should educate yourself in this matter. Nothing is 100% effective in life. It does help to have the shot though.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Jan. 10, 2013 at 7:22 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't agree.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

Quoting littlelamb303:

eesmommy
by Gold Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 7:23 AM
Oh you have been exposed! Lol college AND second grade! Y'all have immune systems of steel, iron... lol pick one. :-)
And yes, DIET is key to health.

Quoting h0tp0t:

I work in retail and attend college and she's in 2nd grade so I am sure we've been exposed.

Quoting eesmommy:

I have no clue. I do however know of a several families who got the shot and the flu has gotten them all. We didn't and haven't gotten the shot, have been around the flu and some aweful nasty wretched cold and haven't had even a sniffle. I attribute it to super healthy eating .... when we did get the shot we all wound up sick, except dh who never got the shot lol.

lapcounter
by Queen Mom on Jan. 10, 2013 at 7:23 AM
Like I am going to believe what the CDC releases.

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

I edited my original reply. I'm certainly not uneducated about it. We take vaccines very seriously.

Quoting fullxbusymom:

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

Yes it can and does.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

Quoting littlelamb303:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Twofeathers
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 7:25 AM
3 moms liked this

Right and wrong. Flumist does contain a live virus, it is in a weakened state, meaning to help your body to build immunity not cause the virus. However, a person could have a reaction such as stuffy/runny nose and a fever of 101. This can be considered the flu by some, but is also the bodies way of building immunity.

The flu is introduced to the body voluntarily via this method. If you catch the flu then it is not voluntary but has the same effects so to speak. Meaning if you catch the flu your involuntarily getting it, but the effects are much the same. The fever, the muscle aches, stuffy/runny nose. Which is the bodies way of building antibodies against said virus and hopefully a person wont suffer again if reintroduced to the same strain.

With that said one would say..:Well why dont i just wait til i get the flu to build antibodies? Well the answer to that is..With the flu vax you are getting a "controlled" amt of the flu to build antibodies. Normally just enough to cause minor and decreased symptoms but not full blown. Everyone is different and some will suffer more severe side effects than others, while some will have none.

Im providing a link from a vaccine manufacturer that puts these facts out there. They dont pretend to hide anything. Im linking the FAQ page since this will answer most concerns posed. http://www.flumist.com/seasonal-flu-vaccine

I have been a flu shot nurse. Ive always told people it is up to them whether they get it or not. Ive always given the information provided and answered questions to the best of my ability. If you want the vax then thats your choice. If you choose not to get it again your choice. But please be fully and truthfully informed..Dont go by myths or half truths..do your research through credible sources not hearsay or biased ones. Be properly informed. There are many great websites out there with credible information over those that fuel the myths

Quoting Anonymous:

your  idiotic pharma shill  link is almost ten years old...pharma changes info ALL the time....why don't you provide a RECENT link that actually agrees with today's standards, not something that's almost ten years old. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Cristie0911:

However, if you get the FLU MIST, that's does contain the live virus and can therefore possibly give you the flu.

Nope.

http://www.mc.vanderbilt.edu/reporter/index.html?ID=3689

lapcounter
by Queen Mom on Jan. 10, 2013 at 7:25 AM
I firmly believe if you have a healthy diet, get rest and was your hands you're good, we have been exposed many times and not gotten it.

Quoting eesmommy:

Oh you have been exposed! Lol college AND second grade! Y'all have immune systems of steel, iron... lol pick one. :-)

And yes, DIET is key to health.

Quoting h0tp0t:

Quoting eesmommy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
h0tp0t
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 7:25 AM
I agree that it doesn't give you the flu but you are right about its effectivity.

The stats on how effective the shot is are measured on the strains included in the shot, not the hundreds of others or possible ones we don't know about. All-in-all I find it to be a lot hype over a shot that MAY ward off these COUPLE of strains.

Quoting fullxbusymom:

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

Yes it can and does.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

Quoting littlelamb303:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Jan. 10, 2013 at 7:26 AM
Lmao. Check your facts with a real source, sweetie. My dh works for a pharmaceutical company that distributes them.

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

The nasal spray absolutely can give you the flu.

Quoting Anonymous:

False. The vaccine does not give one the flu. Sometimes a person has a reaction to it that includes muscle aches and fever, but this is NOT the flu.

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

ETA: The nasal spray can infect the person and the people around them. Not the shot, sorry it's early and I've been up with a sick kid.

Quoting littlelamb303:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)