Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
Can someone explain to me why some black people will call each other this in a friendly way? I mean, it's obviously a word with such a negative connotation, so why is it used?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 10, 2013 at 7:05 AM
Replies (311-318):
HyrulianHeroine
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 4:27 PM

Well just because you don't hear it as much myself being black i hear bastard more than i hear nigger. Yes this as you have posted was a big deal many times before in the past, but this is the first time i am seeing someone complain about it again since my high school years! To be unbiased i hear white males constantly calling each other bastards all the time. "Oh you bastard ha ha" "You lucky bastard". The N word is the least of a concern next to several other words, "You crazy sonofabitch" "ha ha Dillon your such an asshole" "Becky don't be a bitch :D" and the list goes on -.- You were just very directing in the fact you chose specifically the N word when in fact their are many words that are abused just as much as this one that shouldn't be, but maybe this one just hits you more to heart for some reason? 

Title: "Why do people call each other degrading words?" 

Post: Nigger. Bastard. Asshole. Bitch. Idiot. Redneck. Why is it funny to joke around like this with your friends, it's degrading, idiotic, and makes you look lowly in my opinion. Just wondering, why do you say it if you do?

*This may have saved you the insults half of these women have given so far, and half of the racist opinions they have now developed of the original poster, who obviously knew this was inappropriate thus remaining anonymous.*

Quoting Anonymous:

No. I never said I wanted to say it. That wasn't my question. What I was asking is why refer to each other like that when it has such a deep negative connotation. IMO, that would be like me calling my son b*stard because his father and I weren't married when he was born.

Quoting HyrulianHeroine:

lmfao! and that is a true response everytime i hear people say this sh.t! Does it matter!! do you feel you deserve the right to say it too?! Mind your own business and don't f.cking worry about it  -.-

Quoting epoh:

You interrupted me.

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh ok. Thanks for clarifying.

Quoting epoh:

Because.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Anonymous
by Anonymous 52 on Jan. 10, 2013 at 4:28 PM
Exactly, and the anon going back and forth with me has yet to address that.

Quoting StevieMarie:

No kidding, thats the same logic that started to negative usage of the word anyhow. Just because someone has a certain skin tone, appearance, vocabulary, or preference for weed, that doesntmean there's a direct correlation between them and any success level (or any kind of worth for that matter). Ignorance. Just plain ignorance.

Quoting Anonymous:

Thank you, it just makes no sense to me that you could judge someone's future by the use of a word.

Quoting StevieMarie:

Actually, yes it does. You may not agree with how he made it, but he is financially set and better off then most! You dont have to be educated to be succesful. There are lots of succesful people who dropped out or didnt finish education. Sorry, but in the real world, success is measured in money. And I'm betting you make less than him.
He's obviously intelligent enough to rise to the top of a demanding industry. He makes people happy with his music and does amazing things with his money. Who cares if he smokes pot? I smoked pot and I dominated every level of education I entered. I finished 3 college credits before I even graduated highschool. What good are you doing for the world?

Quoting Anonymous:

he has gotten somewhere but how smart is he? What good is he doing in the world? He openly admits to being a pot smoker and partying. Just because he made money rapping does not make him successful

Quoting Anonymous:

To say that people who use the word are "trashy thug mentality, people who talk that way are ignorant and uneducated getting nowhere in life." is dumb. You can't make a such a ridiculous blanket statement and expect to come off as intelligent. For example, someone mentioned snoop dogg, I'm pretty sure he's gotten somewhere far in life being that he is rich.

Quoting Anonymous:

Really? Please enlighten me. smh

Quoting Anonymous:

You're dumb.

Quoting Anonymous:

It's that trashy thug mentality, people who talk that way are ignorant and uneducated getting nowhere in life.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 10, 2013 at 4:32 PM
Where do you get that I was complaining about it?? I didn't say "why do black people get to say it but it's racist if white people do."

I get that there are many derogatory terms that are overused, but I asked about this particular word because it has such a horrible history behind it. I don't know why anyone would want to be associated with the term.

Quoting HyrulianHeroine:

Well just because you don't hear it as much myself being black i hear bastard more than i hear nigger. Yes this as you have posted was a big deal many times before in the past, but this is the first time i am seeing someone complain about it again since my high school years! To be unbiased i hear white males constantly calling each other bastards all the time. "Oh you bastard ha ha" "You lucky bastard". The N word is the least of a concern next to several other words, "You crazy sonofabitch" "ha ha Dillon your such an asshole" "Becky don't be a bitch :D" and the list goes on -.- You were just very directing in the fact you chose specifically the N word when in fact their are many words that are abused just as much as this one that shouldn't be, but maybe this one just hits you more to heart for some reason? 

Post: Nigger. Bastard. Asshole. Bitch. Idiot. Redneck. Why is it funny to joke around like this with your friends, it's degrading, idiotic, and makes you look lowly in my opinion. Just wondering, why do you say it if you do?

*This may have saved you the insults half of these women have given so far, and half of the racist opinions they have now developed of the original poster, who obviously knew this was inappropriate thus remaining anonymous.*

Quoting Anonymous:

No. I never said I wanted to say it. That wasn't my question. What I was asking is why refer to each other like that when it has such a deep negative connotation. IMO, that would be like me calling my son b*stard because his father and I weren't married when he was born.

Quoting HyrulianHeroine:

lmfao! and that is a true response everytime i hear people say this sh.t! Does it matter!! do you feel you deserve the right to say it too?! Mind your own business and don't f.cking worry about it  -.-

Quoting epoh:

You interrupted me.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting epoh:

Because.

StevieMarie
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 4:32 PM

Of course she hasnt. She has no leg to stand on. She can't even use puncuation or capitals correctly, why would she be able to defend a bullshit argument? LOL apparently she wasnt "successful" beyond 2nd grade.

Quoting Anonymous:

Exactly, and the anon going back and forth with me has yet to address that.

Quoting StevieMarie:

No kidding, thats the same logic that started to negative usage of the word anyhow. Just because someone has a certain skin tone, appearance, vocabulary, or preference for weed, that doesntmean there's a direct correlation between them and any success level (or any kind of worth for that matter). Ignorance. Just plain ignorance.

Quoting Anonymous:

Thank you, it just makes no sense to me that you could judge someone's future by the use of a word.

Quoting StevieMarie:

Actually, yes it does. You may not agree with how he made it, but he is financially set and better off then most! You dont have to be educated to be succesful. There are lots of succesful people who dropped out or didnt finish education. Sorry, but in the real world, success is measured in money. And I'm betting you make less than him.
He's obviously intelligent enough to rise to the top of a demanding industry. He makes people happy with his music and does amazing things with his money. Who cares if he smokes pot? I smoked pot and I dominated every level of education I entered. I finished 3 college credits before I even graduated highschool. What good are you doing for the world?

Quoting Anonymous:

he has gotten somewhere but how smart is he? What good is he doing in the world? He openly admits to being a pot smoker and partying. Just because he made money rapping does not make him successful

Quoting Anonymous:

To say that people who use the word are "trashy thug mentality, people who talk that way are ignorant and uneducated getting nowhere in life." is dumb. You can't make a such a ridiculous blanket statement and expect to come off as intelligent. For example, someone mentioned snoop dogg, I'm pretty sure he's gotten somewhere far in life being that he is rich.

Quoting Anonymous:

Really? Please enlighten me. smh

Quoting Anonymous:

You're dumb.

Quoting Anonymous:

It's that trashy thug mentality, people who talk that way are ignorant and uneducated getting nowhere in life.

itextndrive
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 4:33 PM

why do u care?is it really any of your business if the people talking are friendly?

furbabymum
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 4:38 PM

Endurance aye. I know black is a race and all but.... lol

Endearment?

Quoting Anonymous:

Term of endurance ...

HyrulianHeroine
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 4:43 PM

However, to answer your question the simple answer is we don't care. Obviously we know our history, which someone else posted 'anonymously' a day ago happen to say was 'hypocrytical' and we are aware of the ways it was used and by whom it was used. Ignorant blacks get offended when whites say it but they spit it like crazy. Myself i say it out of instinct and don't give half a shit when an opposite race says it because that would be hypocritical and degrading to my race. The best i could explain is that it could just be an ancestral thing. not growing up in a black household most wouldn't understand. Older grandparents coming from that era say it to each other ALOT when they are upset, your asking the WRONG generation about the word, we simply think "oh i say it because i hear it so it must be okay" "i was raised hearing the word" We are not to blame for what we say. Others see it as an empowering word, as in "we've been oppressed and degraded with this word and now we have come way further than the opposite race would imagine, so yes i may be a nigger, but I'm a damn smart one. a strong one. and a self supporting one. " just like bitch. a bitch back the was a harlot also, or that whore in the street no one wants to fuck, but now the word has been carried so far unto a nagger of a women or a female who is unnecessarily rude and eventually just to being a word that was directed towards a misunderstood female. we don't cry about it now, some of us embrace it and love the power that it just pisses off the person saying it. We could still cry about the n word, but no, we move on, embrace it, and you might not understand that, but well there ya go.

Quoting Anonymous:

Where do you get that I was complaining about it?? I didn't say "why do black people get to say it but it's racist if white people do."

I get that there are many derogatory terms that are overused, but I asked about this particular word because it has such a horrible history behind it. I don't know why anyone would want to be associated with the term.

Quoting HyrulianHeroine:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting HyrulianHeroine:

Quoting epoh:

You interrupted me.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting epoh:

Because.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Cafe GroupAdmin
by Head Admin on Jan. 10, 2013 at 4:52 PM

Hi everyone,

This post is now locked.

Please do not personally insult members or fight in the group.

If you have any questions about locked or deleted posts, or if you have a question about the group rules, please send a message to The Cafe Group Admin Team.

Thank you for being a member of this group!

The Cafe Group Admin Team

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN