Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What precautions do you take to avoid catching the flu?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies

And i don't mean the shot....

What do you do in your daily lives that would help your family stay healthy, and hopefully not catch all the ick going around?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 10, 2013 at 8:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jen2150
by Platinum Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:30 AM

We eat healthy, take extra vitamin C and D3, exercise daily, raise our own eggs, and use natural remedies.  I work on keeping as much oxygen in our bodies as we can.  Our bodies run on oxygen.  It is what kills bad bacterial and helps the beneficial bacteria to flourish in our bodies.

momof6nokc
by Gold Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:33 AM

Plenty of sleep

We eat healthy, minimally processed foods. Plenty of vitamin C and playing in the sunshine, even when it's cold outside!

We wash our hands like crazy---immediately when we come in the door from school or the grocery store, every time before we eat, etc.  We dry our hands with paper towels rather than hand towels which can carry germs.

**Just call me Stuart**

mcwife86
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:35 AM

eat healthy and we sanitize our hands as soon as we get in the car after going places.

owl0210
by Emerald Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:36 AM

I wash my hands and try my best to avoid it but ended up getting the flu two weeks ago and it was awful.

epoh
by Ruby Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:36 AM
We live in a giant bubble.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
adhaodd1child
by Platinum Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:36 AM
Stay home, use Lysol, hand sanitizer, stay out of doctor's offices and hospitals. If I do need to go out I either go first thing on the morning or late at night
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LittleBirdFly
by Gold Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:37 AM

wash your hands! But thats what I do anyways. As soon as I get home first thing I do is wash my hands. I have a hand stanetizer in my purse that I also use a lot. Especially when I am out and eat something.

JadsW
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:37 AM
Handwashing & when we start to feel crappy, taking vitamin C, garlic, goldenseal root, & colloidal silver.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xanayda
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:37 AM
I lysol EVERYTHING. lol and the basics, wash hands, rest, eat good...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
funlovinlady
by Gold Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:38 AM

Wash hands, clean off shopping carts before we use them, we don't shake hands, clean phones and controllers daily and wipe door handles and sink handles.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)