Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What precautions do you take to avoid catching the flu?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

And i don't mean the shot....

What do you do in your daily lives that would help your family stay healthy, and hopefully not catch all the ick going around?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 10, 2013 at 8:09 AM
Replies (21-24):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:15 PM

bump

Not_A_Native
by Platinum Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:23 PM

No hand sanitizer - it's for bacteria, not viruses.

I do wash my hands, using regular soap.  Never sharing towels, drinks anything like that, even with my kids.  Eat healthy, drink lots of water.  Exercise regularly to keep up my immune system.  Stay away from doctors offices as much as possible (sickest places around).  Don't play on computers set up in public places, like Best Buy or the Apple store or anything like that.  Stay out of movie theatres.

The bad thing is, I need to fly quite often.  Airplanes are terrible about recirculating air.  I try to always get an aisle seat (not sure it does much good).  I don't read their magazines, or anything else they have there.  And it is one of the few places i use antibacterial hand gel.

mary841108
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:26 PM

clean the house daily, sanitize the house, wash bedding in HOT water twice a week, Lysol backpacks and shoes after school, hand sanitizer and just make sure my kids wash their hands frequently through out the day. OH and lots of Vit C and zinc all through out cold & flu season

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:26 PM

I put more garlic and other things that boost your immunity in our foods, fresh air. Wash our hands more.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured