Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I dont feed my one year old

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
She will be one in a few weeks and while I feed her off my plate sometimes I mostly still nurse her. I should be making her solid food meals regularly but truth is I'm too lazy. Its so much easier to just bf her. So, that's my confession.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:04 AM
Replies (101-110):
blessedmama4
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:33 AM

I would say she is feeding her so.. On with my day. 

SommelierMom
by Emerald Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:33 AM
Quoting Anonymous:

Baby food is unnecessary, especially by one. Just feed her what you're eating. It's not hard.
lifeisajoy
by Platinum Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:33 AM

She don't eat any foods?  Does she have any health conditions of why or are you serious about you being lazy?  

I care for 10 one year olds (with another lady) ALL of them eat regular food and are on sippy cups (none are on bottles)  

Is there anything I can assist with--Is your baby walking and saying any words yet?  Take care and talk to me anytime

ksueditz
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:35 AM
Sometimes being a parent is NOT "easy." :)

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't know really, it just seems easier.

Quoting ksueditz:

If you follow what your pediatrician tells you, then I would guess health-wise you're doing ok. But parenting-wise maybe not so much. Why are you lazy? Depression? Overwhelmed? Or just don't care?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:35 AM
Its not my first rodeo, I have a 5 year old as well. He is happy, healthy and a good boy. Thank you for your response. I'm setting up her 1 yr check up today

Quoting EarlGrayHot:

You know, from your confession, that you should be feeding ehr solid food.  No matter how she looks you need to get her to the doctor regularly and get a professional eval.  THis is not in the best interests of your child and you might be setting her up form problems later on.  Childcare is never for the faint of heart and you might as well get used to the drill now.  You will always have to be consistant in disciplining her as well as feeding her and making the rules.  Start now and don't look back.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 26 on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:35 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting Anonymous:

wow, thats horrible. My oldest was eating table food shortly after a month. That baby needs to have food. Maybe someone should take ur food away. If your too lazy to care for them PROPERLY than stop having them..... I hope a pedi or someone catches ON before your baby is malnourished and has serious effects from lack of nutrition. PATHETIC!! 

And you a mom of the year! Babies should not have solids till at least 6 mos old. (Cereal can be done at 4 mos!) There is a saying food before one is just for fun. And i talked to my dr it is not nessesary to feed a baby anything else besides breast milk before one as long as baby is healthy. I dont agree with her mom doing it because she is lazy. But i also dont agree giving a baby ANY table food at a month old.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:38 AM
Well I only eat real meals twice a day. I snack in between but not always baby friendly foods.

Quoting angevil53:

What makes you think you need special baby meals? My dd is 14m and eats all kinds of foods. Easy foods are bananas peaches apples etc. You just cut them up and they feed themselves.

Quoting Anonymous:

She does eat of my plate when I eat but no special baby food meals in between, just bm

Quoting angevil53:

Your too lazy to cut up some food off your own plate for your kid?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:42 AM
Yes, and she gets food from my plate every time I sit down but that's only twice a day

Quoting Kool_Aide:

Do you cook for yourself?

AMDS0304
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:42 AM

Get off your lazy ass and feed your child. 

faeryfrog
by Bronze Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:42 AM

Eh, my DD was offered tablefood at every meal and snack, but she basically only wanted to nurse until she was about 16 months with a little food here and there

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)