Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I dont feed my one year old

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
She will be one in a few weeks and while I feed her off my plate sometimes I mostly still nurse her. I should be making her solid food meals regularly but truth is I'm too lazy. Its so much easier to just bf her. So, that's my confession.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:04 AM
Replies (111-120):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:43 AM
Thank you so much! I feel better now :)

Quoting UxorQuodMatris.:

I'm gonna say it again lol, you ARE feeding your baby. She's nursing and eating your food, she's fine. Your op made it seem like at a year old she only nurses because you are too lazy to feed her anything else. My son nursed mostly at a year, with a few table foods when breast milk just didn't cut it. She does not need baby meals.

Again, you are feeding her!

Quoting Anonymous:

She eats off my plate when I eat just no special baby food meals in between

Quoting deadlights86:

My ds was eating table food at 10 months. I can't imagine a 1 year old not eating real food.

gabby416
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:44 AM

wow, so your starving your kid huh?  Do you feed your five year old?  You need give that child some food.  Lazy is no excuse. 

buttercup627
by Platinum Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:45 AM
No one on here is a Dr do whats best for your kid and you. There isn't a time table of accomplishment when it comes to food as long as dd is healthy and happy you're fine
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:46 AM
I feed her off my plate like twice a day but no special baby food meals in between just bm. Its just easier than making her her own special meals. Not walking just yet but very soon. Very verbal!

Quoting lifeisajoy:

She don't eat any foods?  Does she have any health conditions of why or are you serious about you being lazy?  

I care for 10 one year olds (with another lady) ALL of them eat regular food and are on sippy cups (none are on bottles)  

Is there anything I can assist with--Is your baby walking and saying any words yet?  Take care and talk to me anytime

PinkButterfly66
by Ruby Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:51 AM

There is actually no need for baby food if you prepare her meals for her.  She has teeth now so eating table food is fine as long as it is cut up for her. Is your diet healthy?  If your diet is healthy, then it's ok for her to eat off your plate.  But it would be better to just make her a plate too.

Quoting Anonymous:

She eats whatever I give her from my plate, she just doesn't get baby food regularly

Quoting Anonymous:

She should have started some type of solids when she was able to sit up, around 6 months old. You are setting yourself up for one picky eater.  Poor baby. 

Kool_Aide
by Gold Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:51 AM

While you are already up, why can't you grab another plate for her to have her own?  I don't think it's a big deal right now though. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes, and she gets food from my plate every time I sit down but that's only twice a day

Quoting Kool_Aide:

Do you cook for yourself?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:56 AM
As long as your BFing and she is getting full then no problem
deadlights86
by Platinum Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 11:10 AM

Ok that makes sense then. Thats kinda what I did with ds at first but with 2 other kids to make plates for he got his own plate pretty quick.

Quoting Anonymous:

She eats off my plate when I eat just no special baby food meals in between

Quoting deadlights86:

My ds was eating table food at 10 months. I can't imagine a 1 year old not eating real food.

LovelyDayz
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:31 PM
Too lazy to feed your child. But is on cafemom. Interesting!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LiDoMama
by Gold Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:33 PM
As long as the baby is fed, idgaf...its your child, not mine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)