Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I dont feed my one year old

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
She will be one in a few weeks and while I feed her off my plate sometimes I mostly still nurse her. I should be making her solid food meals regularly but truth is I'm too lazy. Its so much easier to just bf her. So, that's my confession.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:04 AM
Replies (121-130):
LiDoMama
by Gold Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:36 PM
1 mom liked this
Ok just started reading through this more...so what your saying is baby doesn't eat jarred baby food but eats what Mom eats at mealtime in addition to being breastfed? Yeah I don't see the issue here. My second refused jarred baby food, he is actually a great eater. My oldest ate more jarred food and is more of a picky eater.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
areyouatroll
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:39 PM
Actually its more likely the pureed stage would set them up to be a picky eater.

Quoting Anonymous:

She should have started some type of solids when she was able to sit up, around 6 months old. You are setting yourself up for one picky eater.  Poor baby. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
areyouatroll
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:40 PM
That's what I did. Just give her stuff you're eating and give her a baby spoon and fork every time she eats. My son was eating seaweed salad with a fork before his first birthday by himself. It's so easy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:42 PM

there is a woman where I live that did the same thing, but her reasoning was purely selfish, she didn't like her kids getting messy or making a mess.

ajnmadismommy
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:44 PM

so not a valid excuse....get up and get her accustomed to eating table food.....at least some sort of baby food for crying out loud....

TattoodMommy19
by Platinum Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:45 PM
Meh. I still mostly nurse my 13 month old.
I make her a small plate of whatever I'm eating and let her choose what and how much of it to eat. It's called baby led solids/weaning. She will eat a few bites but not much.
She still nurses like 10 times a day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mandallyn
by Bronze Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:46 PM

It doesn't matter how lazy I feel, if my 10 month old sees anyone in the family eating he will not let it go.  You can practically see it on his face "Feed me too, feed me too!"

Annettey19
by Gold Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:47 PM

If you want to know what will likely happen, I have a story for you.

My MIL's friend babysits this little boy who is almost two now. His mom only gave him breastmilk until a little after his first birthday when the doctor said he was malnourished. She still doesn't feed him right, and to this day he's skinny, his stomach is sunken in, WIC and various places have made home visits, and my 9 month old's size 4 diapers were big on him just yesterday. So yeah, you may well destroy your child's health with your "laziness".

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:50 PM
1 mom liked this
No actually, you are the pathetic one for feeding your baby at a month old. That's unhealthy and dangerous and just a bad idea in general.

To the OP, post this is the breastfeeding group. I think it's actually ok to delay solids.

Quoting Anonymous:

wow, thats horrible. My oldest was eating table food shortly after a month. That baby needs to have food. Maybe someone should take ur food away. If your too lazy to care for them PROPERLY than stop having them..... I hope a pedi or someone catches ON before your baby is malnourished and has serious effects from lack of nutrition. PATHETIC!! 

MumsTheWord571
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:56 PM
She doesn't need BABY food. Give her some of what you're eating. Soon you'll find she nurses less and eats more solids. It doesn't sound like you're doing anything wrong to me. My DD is 16 mo. I offer her some of whatever we are eating at every meal, but not really any baby food. (She does like the organic mash ups though). She mostly nurses still, but it is getting to be less as she starts eating more solids -on her own-!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured