Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I dont feed my one year old

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
She will be one in a few weeks and while I feed her off my plate sometimes I mostly still nurse her. I should be making her solid food meals regularly but truth is I'm too lazy. Its so much easier to just bf her. So, that's my confession.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:04 AM
Replies (91-100):
MissMysteriouss
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:30 AM
1 mom liked this
You are correct. They can be EBF for the first year of life. Many doctors recommend it.

She also said she eats off her plate. So she is having some food.

Quoting danie24:

Breastmilk alone is more than enough for the first year of life.

Quoting LoganAndKennedy:

Breastmilk is awesome! .... on combination with food for a one year old. She needs MORE for probed brain and body development. Its definitely not enough... please feed that baby food

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:30 AM
I'm not a troll. I wanted to get other moms options on how I'm doing things.

Quoting Anonymous:

I am so sick of all the stupid troll posts.  This BS is ruining the group and people are going to start to leave.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 24 on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:30 AM

Quite honestly, it's probably not that bad. I bf'd my kids until 9 months, and only gave them solid foods because they wanted something to gnaw on, and it was better to have them gnaw on cheerios than my nipples, lol. Both of them are on the skinny side, but have always been extremely healthy and happy children, and neither of them are picky eaters. They went from bf'ing to eating almost exactly what I eat, instead of mushed up nasty crap that passes for baby food in this country.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 25 on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:30 AM
I say good for you, she is actually getting the best nurtition possible because of your laziness. She won't be a picky eater because you wait to start her on solids either. Feeding her off your plate is perfered actually, it give her exposure to variety and let's her choose how much is enough without a parent trying to over feed her.
Kool_Aide
by Gold Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:31 AM

Do you cook for yourself?

momsince04
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:31 AM
Ok. Then thank god my kids were healthy babies even with giving them table foods at 4 months. I just figured if they liked it and could handle a Lil bit, it wouldn't hurt.

Quoting Anonymous:

There is an increased risk of allergies, stomach issues and diabetes. That is why it is reccommended that you do not start solids until six months unless your pedi says to use rice cereal for reflux. You can even ebf until 1 year but at least puréed foods are needed at 1 year.

Quoting momsince04:

Why? I use to give my kids table food when they were a few months old, I didn't see the harm in it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Table food at one month is horrible.

Quoting Anonymous:

wow, thats horrible. My oldest was eating table food shortly after a month. That baby needs to have food. Maybe someone should take ur food away. If your too lazy to care for them PROPERLY than stop having them..... I hope a pedi or someone catches ON before your baby is malnourished and has serious effects from lack of nutrition. PATHETIC!! 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kelliehelvie
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:31 AM
I did the same thing until about 10 months.
.oOMellyOo.
by Silver Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:31 AM

There is nothing wrong with whats the op is doing. BM is the absolute BEST thing a child can have. And the OP has already stated that she feeds her table food when she eats, just not baby food.... maybe you should go read book and get some more education.

Quoting chelsea52011:

You need to treat your baby right and feed it and take care of it the way your suppose to. You are ahoahorrible parent!! There are plenty of people like me who want a baby and would do everything for it but your taking it for granted!!

UxorQuodMatris.
by Ruby Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:31 AM
I'm gonna say it again lol, you ARE feeding your baby. She's nursing and eating your food, she's fine. Your op made it seem like at a year old she only nurses because you are too lazy to feed her anything else. My son nursed mostly at a year, with a few table foods when breast milk just didn't cut it. She does not need baby meals.
Again, you are feeding her!

Quoting Anonymous:

She eats off my plate when I eat just no special baby food meals in between

Quoting deadlights86:

My ds was eating table food at 10 months. I can't imagine a 1 year old not eating real food.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:32 AM
I don't know really, it just seems easier.

Quoting ksueditz:

If you follow what your pediatrician tells you, then I would guess health-wise you're doing ok. But parenting-wise maybe not so much. Why are you lazy? Depression? Overwhelmed? Or just don't care?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)