Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

do you play? Does your dh play?

Does it bug the shit out of you when Dh plays?

I play, and it bugs me when dh plays lol, only bc we share computers and the same account. My play time is when the kids wake up and are watching their morning cartoons and playing with toys, sometimes if dh is busy building something in the garage, i'll play during my youngest DD's nap time while the other two watch a movie.

about 1 1/2 hr of game time a day sometimes less, pretty much it. My oldest dd is pretty interested in it. I'm not a hardcore gamer tho, I can't sit at the computer for too long before I get antsy and want to clean or play with the girls ;]

by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:14 AM
Replies (31-40):
BlessedBeX3
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:26 AM

This is why i just play for fun, i dont take it seriously and dont get all bent out of shape for how long it takes me to lvl. I started playing again two weeks ago and my main was at 72, right now i'm 83. I haven't put much time into it. I just play when i have free time and have fun ya know?

Quoting Anonymous:

I stopped playing when my infant was awake more than she slept and all of her nap time went to me catching up on other household chores. It was no fun playing while she was awake, my baby was much more fun for me.

I figured when she was awake, my attention was with her. When she slept for less time than she was awake, and those naps were used up by chores, I canceled my account, and haven't looked back.

WoW was fun, it was great before I was a parent but the time it requires once you get to a higher level is too much for casual gaming. The quests required too much time and I didn't feel like grinding out materials for leveling up a skill while waiting in queue for a group to complete a dungeon run quest.

fairyjester
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:27 AM

I play ,  i am not obsessive about it.   In fact haven't played in a week.  Was going to play last night while watching the peoples choice, but ended up on the floor with the dogs.

BlessedBeX3
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:28 AM
1 mom liked this

damn! thats taking a game way over the top, which can be done with any game. Dh and I play for fun, we dont take it seriously and play when either one of us has spare time. He's been playing since he was 15, I started when I was 19.

Quoting Anonymous:

My parents divorced over that game. My dad would play for 18-20 hours a day. They were married for 29 years....

I will never play and neither will DH

BlessedBeX3
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:28 AM
1 mom liked this

Dh wants to get me a seperate account and xfer my character onto it so he can help me lvl, but i'm not concerned about lvling, i just play for fun! :P

Quoting Pita369:

We both play regularly and have separate accounts and computers :)

BlessedBeX3
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:29 AM

haha nice!

Quoting Wtshubbypst:

I play and my sn name here is my priests nane lol.

MariannLws
by Gold Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:29 AM

I play. My husband use to play but switched to EVE. I get to play on the weekend mornings before everyone is awake. I loved it when my husband played.  He had his own account and played on his computer. So no account or computer usage for us. 

Mommie2Kailen
by Bronze Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:30 AM

we both play but not so much. I have played for 6 yrs on and off. It doesnt take over our lives, we play for a few then off again. im currently off Its my school time now. I will play when kids are asleep after my schoolwork is done..

BlessedBeX3
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:30 AM

haha! yeah me too but usually when i'm feared! :]

Quoting furbabymum:

I used to. Had to stop when I had DS. My DH and I used to play right next to each other. Had some awesome fights over WOW. I have this knack for aggroing mobs.

mary841108
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:31 AM

yeah we did Beta for pandaria, as soon as I seen the new talent trees i walked away. my husband played for a bit after that, he said the game lost its luster and he soon followed. Vanilla and Burning crusade were the best expansions IMO, Wotlk was ok, cata sucked but it was playable and then...pandaria. *sigh* i miss the old wow :( LOL and forget it! once you play wow no other games can hold a candle to it and nothing is ever the same LOL i get so bored playing Skyrim & Oblivion which are semi-similiar just not the same lol

Quoting BlessedBeX3:

lol My dh has been playing since it was just "warcraft" he's been through all the phases of I want to play, I hate this game, I want to play, I hate this game. He'd move on to starcraft, then diablo, then guild wars, and then StarWars The Old Republic which I LOVED I had a smuggler hehe. BUT he was pissed when they started changing shit for the new expansion, especially the talent trees, but you know what, i'm actually having FUN with all this new stuff. new dungeons, battle grounds, raids. Given i'm not a PVP'er I prefer to quest and do dungeons but its actually really cool. I made a pandarian mage actually and at lvl 10 you choose wether you want to be alliance or horde.

Quoting mary841108:

We used to play. then it turned into kung fu panda/ pokemon. we werent paying for a game that used to be fun, challenging and not full of 12 year olds LOL. I miss Vanilla :( I remember when you had to walk until you hit level 40 and that was for a slow mount, level 60 to get an epic. there were no flying mounts, BRD was a 40 man raid and it dropped the best freaking loot and it wasnt an easy tank and spank like Naxx. *sigh* blizzard...you ruined everything.

Cleaning tips, baking recipes, dinner recipes, kids crafts, crafts for the bored mama and more at:

http://theimperfectstepfordwife.wordpress.com/

MariannLws
by Gold Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:33 AM

Do you use a authenticator? My account was hacked several times too. The hacking stopped when I started using a authenticator. 

Quoting annasew:

I did play.  My account still keeps getting hacked.    I have 3 lvl 85 raiders.  A couple of 80 and a few low lvls.   I should start back up again.   

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN