Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

do you play? Does your dh play?

Does it bug the shit out of you when Dh plays?

I play, and it bugs me when dh plays lol, only bc we share computers and the same account. My play time is when the kids wake up and are watching their morning cartoons and playing with toys, sometimes if dh is busy building something in the garage, i'll play during my youngest DD's nap time while the other two watch a movie.

about 1 1/2 hr of game time a day sometimes less, pretty much it. My oldest dd is pretty interested in it. I'm not a hardcore gamer tho, I can't sit at the computer for too long before I get antsy and want to clean or play with the girls ;]

by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:14 AM
Replies (41-47):
furbabymum
by Gold Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:33 AM

Burning crusade baby! When you actually had to have skill to play the game. When WoTLK came out and all it became was a dps everything down quick game....I was a very sad survival hunter. Went from being needed to contain mobs to being useless.

Quoting mary841108:

yeah we did Beta for pandaria, as soon as I seen the new talent trees i walked away. my husband played for a bit after that, he said the game lost its luster and he soon followed. Vanilla and Burning crusade were the best expansions IMO, Wotlk was ok, cata sucked but it was playable and then...pandaria. *sigh* i miss the old wow :( LOL and forget it! once you play wow no other games can hold a candle to it and nothing is ever the same LOL i get so bored playing Skyrim & Oblivion which are semi-similiar just not the same lol

Quoting BlessedBeX3:

lol My dh has been playing since it was just "warcraft" he's been through all the phases of I want to play, I hate this game, I want to play, I hate this game. He'd move on to starcraft, then diablo, then guild wars, and then StarWars The Old Republic which I LOVED I had a smuggler hehe. BUT he was pissed when they started changing shit for the new expansion, especially the talent trees, but you know what, i'm actually having FUN with all this new stuff. new dungeons, battle grounds, raids. Given i'm not a PVP'er I prefer to quest and do dungeons but its actually really cool. I made a pandarian mage actually and at lvl 10 you choose wether you want to be alliance or horde.

Quoting mary841108:

We used to play. then it turned into kung fu panda/ pokemon. we werent paying for a game that used to be fun, challenging and not full of 12 year olds LOL. I miss Vanilla :( I remember when you had to walk until you hit level 40 and that was for a slow mount, level 60 to get an epic. there were no flying mounts, BRD was a 40 man raid and it dropped the best freaking loot and it wasnt an easy tank and spank like Naxx. *sigh* blizzard...you ruined everything.

mary841108
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:36 AM

I think I got lucky with my toon LOL i had a Disc Priest, one of the few classes that bliz didnt nerf all to hell.

Quoting furbabymum:

Burning crusade baby! When you actually had to have skill to play the game. When WoTLK came out and all it became was a dps everything down quick game....I was a very sad survival hunter. Went from being needed to contain mobs to being useless.

Quoting mary841108:

yeah we did Beta for pandaria, as soon as I seen the new talent trees i walked away. my husband played for a bit after that, he said the game lost its luster and he soon followed. Vanilla and Burning crusade were the best expansions IMO, Wotlk was ok, cata sucked but it was playable and then...pandaria. *sigh* i miss the old wow :( LOL and forget it! once you play wow no other games can hold a candle to it and nothing is ever the same LOL i get so bored playing Skyrim & Oblivion which are semi-similiar just not the same lol

Quoting BlessedBeX3:

lol My dh has been playing since it was just "warcraft" he's been through all the phases of I want to play, I hate this game, I want to play, I hate this game. He'd move on to starcraft, then diablo, then guild wars, and then StarWars The Old Republic which I LOVED I had a smuggler hehe. BUT he was pissed when they started changing shit for the new expansion, especially the talent trees, but you know what, i'm actually having FUN with all this new stuff. new dungeons, battle grounds, raids. Given i'm not a PVP'er I prefer to quest and do dungeons but its actually really cool. I made a pandarian mage actually and at lvl 10 you choose wether you want to be alliance or horde.

Quoting mary841108:

We used to play. then it turned into kung fu panda/ pokemon. we werent paying for a game that used to be fun, challenging and not full of 12 year olds LOL. I miss Vanilla :( I remember when you had to walk until you hit level 40 and that was for a slow mount, level 60 to get an epic. there were no flying mounts, BRD was a 40 man raid and it dropped the best freaking loot and it wasnt an easy tank and spank like Naxx. *sigh* blizzard...you ruined everything.

Cleaning tips, baking recipes, dinner recipes, kids crafts, crafts for the bored mama and more at:

http://theimperfectstepfordwife.wordpress.com/

Pita369
by Bronze Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:43 AM
I used to play on his account and then got my own.. It was nice to have someone to quest with and teach me along the way

Quoting BlessedBeX3:

Dh wants to get me a seperate account and xfer my character onto it so he can help me lvl, but i'm not concerned about lvling, i just play for fun! :P

Quoting Pita369:

We both play regularly and have separate accounts and computers :)

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
annasew
by Gold Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:49 AM

I have had an authenticater on it since the authenticators came out.   They do not prevent your account from being hacked they just make it harder to do so. .

Quoting MariannLws:

Do you use a authenticator? My account was hacked several times too. The hacking stopped when I started using a authenticator. 

Quoting annasew:

I did play.  My account still keeps getting hacked.    I have 3 lvl 85 raiders.  A couple of 80 and a few low lvls.   I should start back up again.   

annasew
by Gold Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:51 AM

I play Rift.   You should try it if you havent yet.

Quoting SquishyMommyof2:

I play and DH plays.  I don't care.  He plays Rift too.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:44 PM

I use to play ton but haven't had much time lately my daughter is only 8 months old.

I found this helpful because of having limited time...

http://88cd5io9xkva2xektp9rre5p4h.hop.clickbank.net/?tid=CM

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured