Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I have to agree with her!

Posted by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:25 AM
  • 16 Replies
1 mom liked this

This is a status from a friend of mine. I love the way she describes what marriage is or should be!

by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
workingmama86
by Ruby Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:25 AM

BUMP!

workingmama86
by Ruby Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:35 AM

BUMP!

elizabethnoelb
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:45 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree - I would like to share this quote I have written down ( by unknown) I read it often.

Love is an unconditional commitment to an imperfect person. To love somebody isn't just a strong feeling, it is a decision, a judgement and a promise.

CDMelty
by Bronze Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:47 AM

I love that. I hate when people say "it just didn't work out" as if marriage works out by itself. No, YOU work it out, every day. People just want to be married for better, not worse. I blame that for the divorce rate.

workingmama86
by Ruby Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:54 AM

Exactly! You don't make a lifetime commitment with someone then give up on them because "it just didn't work out"... I totally agree!

Quoting CDMelty:

I love that. I hate when people say "it just didn't work out" as if marriage works out by itself. No, YOU work it out, every day. People just want to be married for better, not worse. I blame that for the divorce rate.

workingmama86
by Ruby Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:55 AM

What a beautiful quote! :)

Quoting elizabethnoelb:

I agree - I would like to share this quote I have written down ( by unknown) I read it often.

Love is an unconditional commitment to an imperfect person. To love somebody isn't just a strong feeling, it is a decision, a judgement and a promise.

karraselle
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:55 AM
1 mom liked this

Agreed...I like to say that marriage is like the tide. It ebbs and flows....and, in my experience, on a seven year cycle. Seems like every seven years dh and I go through a phase where we just aren't that happy with each other. No affairs, or violence, or screaming fights...just disgruntled, easily irritated with each other for a while. Then it goes back to happiness and contentment. Weird, huh? I guess that's what they mean by "the seven year itch."

We've been married for 20 years now...time's almost up...next year is going be a doozy! LOL

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:56 AM
1 mom liked this
"per say" lolololol
adhaodd1child
by Platinum Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:56 AM
Agree
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SlightlyPerfect
"Babe, that was amazing. We should do that every day!"
Yesterday at 5:09 PM
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:57 AM
1 mom liked this

There is no god.

There goes your friend's "theory."

slightlyperfect

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)