Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Potty training

Posted by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:33 AM
  • 9 Replies
Is two years old to small ? What about boys do you teach them later to stand up?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Snapdragon88
by Ruby Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:35 AM
No... my little boy was potty trained by 2.5. First I taught him to use the potty seat, then sitting on a smaller seat that attaches to the big toilet, then removed it when I taught him to pee standing up... with a stool of course :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ElitestJen
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:37 AM

Is your son ready?  Is he showing signs?

My son was not ready at 2.  When he did potty train, he learned to stand up to pee and sit down to poop. 

JNLmomme09
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:37 AM
Did you bribe with with candy or stickers?

Quoting Snapdragon88:

No... my little boy was potty trained by 2.5. First I taught him to use the potty seat, then sitting on a smaller seat that attaches to the big toilet, then removed it when I taught him to pee standing up... with a stool of course :)

JNLmomme09
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:40 AM

Quoting Snapdragon88:

JNLmomme09
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:42 AM
Yeah he's ready more then I am lol he will run to the bathroom beg me to take the seat out and we will sit together for like 20 to 30 mins and nothing. As soon as I put a diaper or pull up on he goes

Quoting ElitestJen:

My son was not ready at 2.  When he did potty train, he learned to stand up to pee and sit down to poop. 

JNLmomme09
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:43 AM
My dd wasn't ready until after she turned three and she wa easy
ElitestJen
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:46 AM

Quoting JNLmomme09:

Yeah he's ready more then I am lol he will run to the bathroom beg me to take the seat out and we will sit together for like 20 to 30 mins and nothing. As soon as I put a diaper or pull up on he goes

Quoting ElitestJen:

Then it doesn't matter how old he is.  If he wants to go, let him go.

Snapdragon88
by Ruby Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:08 AM
No... I just made it sound like SO MUCH FUN, lol... and got super excited and encouraging the first time he did it. He wanted to be a big boy. Then when he was doing pretty well I just tossed the diapers and said they were all gone so he had to use the potty. I had some pull ups to use on outings for a few days and just made sure he could keep them dry in public before I tossed those too. It was actually pretty easy to potty train him... hope you have the same luck! :)

Quoting JNLmomme09:

Quoting Snapdragon88:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Queen_Sheila
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:10 AM

If they are showing signs that they are interested in potty training, such as saying they have to go or staying dry all night, I see no reason not to start at 2. I think the normal age to start is around 3, but some kids start early. My son wanted to stand to pee because that's how his papa does it lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN