Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm assuming he doesn't have to tell me?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies

I saw on FB That DD's bio dad is moving in some where with his girlfriend of 4 months. I'm assuming he doesn't have to inform me where this is? It makes me very uneasy not knowing where my DD will be. He gets her from 4-7 on thursdays and every other weekend from 8-4 on both days. He is not aloud over nights. our CO says he picks DD up at our home and I pick her up from his moms, Because that's where he lives (lived?) We have been having TONS of issues with him lately and anything with him makes me worry, he's become very shady.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:58 AM
If it States in the CO that he has to give you notice mthen yes but If not he doesn't have to if he doesn't want to.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:58 AM
By law, you have to know the address of where she's staying during his visitation weekends. Look in your custody agreement.
agrisham13mom
by Silver Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:59 AM
It depends on what your custody agreement says on if he HAS to tell you. I would just bring it up and say "hey I seen on fb that you are moving in with your gf, and I wanted to see where our dd visits with you will be taking place". Good luck!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
rosemagic01
by Ruby Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:02 AM
3 moms liked this

I would be very upset if I couldn't know where he lived. What if something bad happened and he needed you to come and get her real quick and didn't leave you the addy or something. I would contact a lawyer and ask. I would think its important for a mom to know where her kid is not to be controling or anything just be aware ya know? 

Fairegirl33
by Gold Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:03 AM
1 mom liked this

I would assume you have every right to know the address where he lives if your DD is there...

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:05 AM

I think he does have to tell you. Do you have a lawyer or mediator you can contact about this?

fullxbusymom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:05 AM

He does have to inform you.  You have every right to know where you daughter will be staying.

EmilysMom2010
by Ruby Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:06 AM
Talk to your lawyer about what you can do. At least he doesn't have her overnight.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PinkyPan
by Ruby Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:07 AM

My court order required the father and I to inform each other of a change of address within 30 days.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:07 AM

I'll see about getting a hold of my lawyer later today, The man is horrible about returning calls and has this annoyingly laid back approach to visitations. Usually I ask here first so I can avoid million phone calls involved to get in touch with him. 
  Trust me if i could afford another retainer on a new lawyer I would have long ago. lol 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured