Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Nursing? What a joke *Update with a little clarification*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 350 Replies
2 moms liked this

Why does every woman want to be a nurse? Do you really have no other ambition in life than to follow and do what every other mother is doing? I'm sure there are some women that have always wanted to be a nurse in order to help people and such.

I feel like 60% of (mostly mothers) that get into nursing do so because they feel like that's the only job they can do that's obtainable and respectable.

Do you ladies really have no real dreams of your own? Do you have no confidence in yourself to do what it is YOU want to do in life?

Now this is not for the ones that dreamed of this all their life. I just really doubt EVERY one of these women that are so determined to be nurses really wanted this.

*To the people who assume that I flunked out of nursing school and am bitter I will stop you right now. I have never wanted to nor tried to pursue a career in nursing. I am finishing my Bachelor degree in biochemistry and am currently applying to med schools to become a physician. That being said I didn't post this because I think nursing isn't a respectable career, because it most certainly is. I posted this because I get sick of dealing with nurses who are sh*t because they did it for the money or because they didn't know what else to do with their life when there are people waiting in line to get into nursing school who have a true passion for helping people.*

*People will see what they want to see. If you are a typical MC frequenter than you are going to assume that I am trying to put the nursing profession down because that's what you WANT to believe. You want to make it into something it's not. I could say I believe nurses are only a step down from God and you would still say that I think I'm better than them because I didn't actually call them God. I'm not here to fight with your narrow minded-ness.

My point is FOLLOW YOUR DREAMS! Nursing is NOT easy, so instead of trying to get into the program because you think it will be a piece of cake and easy money do what YOU want to do. Because if you're getting into it for the wrong reasons you will be severly disappointed! I see women around me all day in school going into or in the nursing program who just jump into it with this flippant mentality that it's some easy job that they can make some money in. THOSE are the ones I have a problem with. I also have a problem with MDs who do the same thing!

Whatever you do, do it with heart or don't bother doing it.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovinglife0682
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:25 AM
3 moms liked this
Hmm. I thought that it was because nursing is a great profession for a mom and they could support a family with the salary.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:26 AM
1 mom liked this

I actually agree to a point. It seems like every woman who decides to go back to school decides to go into nursing. It's become the go to career. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:27 AM
5 moms liked this
I've wanted to be a nurse since I was 13 so suck a tit you feminist weirdo.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:27 AM

Every? Talk about an exaggeration.

Lyssa0587
by Gold Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:27 AM
3 moms liked this

Ive always wanted to be a nurse and still do, however, I don't have time for nursing school right now. Nurses are in high demand...and if this is the job that pays in the economy we are having then people will do what is going to pay. Sometimes, its smart to go with a profession that is in high demand, rather than one that isn't. There are millions of people out there who have degrees in a profession that they can't get a job for and they are stuck making minimum wage. Now, you tell me what the smarter choice would be?

danie24
by Ruby Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:27 AM
1 mom liked this

I would hate to be a nurse. I don't want to touch germy people.

And I am too anti Big Pharma to have a career in the medical field..

I'm a SAHM and have a small photo business on the side. If I ever want or need a job I will just take my photography more seriously.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:28 AM

of course i have a dream of my own. but nursing is one of the only things that will pay the bills once you get it! do you want us all to go to college for things like hair( i wish) or a veterinarian....just so we can make burgers? our country is so screwed right.

towerjunkie1989
by Silver Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:28 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm going for medical billing and coding. Thinking of getting my cna while I'm still in school so I can be established somewhere
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
It is a good profession that pays fairly well. Sometimes very well. And if everyone did it, there would not be a nursing shortage. Nursing is not for everyone but some people truly enjoy it.
Anonymous
8 moms liked this

Oh look some one's bitter because they flunked out of nursing school!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)