Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Could they still be close??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 42 Replies

Does anyone have children that are 5 to 6 years apart in age?? Are they close?? Dh and I are worried that our children wont have any real sibling connection or closeness since they will be so far apart in age. Did we wait too long?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PinkyPan
by Ruby Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:36 AM

I do. My first 2 sons were only 16 months apart and then I had my 3rd son 5 years later. As a baby his brothers adored him. When he was around 5 yrs old his brothers considered him more of a PIA. It was a rough few years there for a while. My sons are all adults now and the best of friends. 

Mamasgirl524
by Platinum Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:52 AM
Need these answers too!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kmt_771
by Bronze Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:53 AM

My brother and I are 9 years apart and we get along great. Always have,

Mamasgirl524
by Platinum Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:54 AM
That's good!! I'm not OP but my daughter has a step sister who is her age so I'm really worried they'll never include my youngest (who isn't even born yet).

Quoting PinkyPan:

I do. My first 2 sons were only 16 months apart and then I had my 3rd son 5 years later. As a baby his brothers adored him. When he was around 5 yrs old his brothers considered him more of a PIA. It was a rough few years there for a while. My sons are all adults now and the best of friends. 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Paige03
by Silver Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:55 AM

My oldest sibling is 12 years old then i have one 9 year older and one 5 year and one 2 years younger lol
I get along with the oldest three great! We are really close. The younger one we still bicker bath and forth

mary841108
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:56 AM
1 mom liked this

my sister and I are 5 years apart and she is my best friend. it was funny when she moved 5 hours away from us, we stood outside the moving van hugging and sobbing like we'd never see each other again LOL but she is here all the time or we go there and we talk every single day. today is her birthday (Happy Birthday mah seester!)

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:56 AM

I have one brother close in age. We are 3 years apart, we may have been close growing up, but we aren't now. My other brother and I are 10 years apart. We were close when he was younger, but I moved out when he was 6, so we never really developed much of a relationship. My kids are 3 years apart. They are close sometimes, but the majority of the time they don't get along at all and want nothing to do with each other. I don't think it has anything to do with age gap. I think it depends on the individual personalities of the kids, and the family dynamic as a whole.

mommaoftwo
by Silver Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:56 AM

I am 5 yrs older then my brother ( 8 yrs older then my sister)

We barely have a relationship

but that is just how my family is, generally. We all kept to ourselves.

tinkerbelle18
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:57 AM

I dont have kids that far apart but my dh and his brothers are each 5 years apart. They have a business together and are always hanging out. I call them the three headed monster lol. And my MIL says theyve always been close.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:58 AM
I have a 14dd, 9dd and a 3dd. Yes, they are all very close. Both the 9 and 3 look up to the 14 year old and my 9 and 3 play together all the time. They fight like all siblings but I love the age spacing
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured