Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Got my kid vaccinated and now she has hives. *Update*

Posted by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 11:26 AM
  • 11 Replies

So let me start this off with I had to move her up in diapers the same day I took her to get her vaccines. Which is the only reason I haven't been to the ER already. I've also called Tel-A-Nurse from my hospital and explained the situation.

But I went back to her old diapers imediately, gave her some benedryll that was prescribed to her from a sinus infection back in December and they're not gettin better. This has been since Monday. 

The problem is I don't wanna be "that" first time mom who freaks out at the littlest thing. 

I know you're probably not medically trained, but I'm asking your opinion as a mom, would you take her in today?

*Got a refferal to an Urgent care center instead of taking her to the ER. I was freaking out. Thank God! But I feel much better. They said as it could just be viral and that she's fine. Thank you ladies so much for your input and advice. I appreciate it. :) Hope y'all have a great day.

by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 11:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TinDoll
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 11:27 AM

I posted this in Advice for moms but it's slow in there. 

Vixcalamity
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 11:29 AM
If she has had hives since Monday you need to take her in. I would always just to be safe. It is probably not from the shots but still. For whatever reason, it is always better safe than sorry.

ETA - I would have first day but I guess I'm just that mom. :-) GL!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TinDoll
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 11:30 AM

Yeah this is what I was thinking. I just didn't wanna freak for nothing.

Quoting Vixcalamity:

If she has had gives since Monday you need to take her in. I would always just to be safe. It is probably not from the shots but still. For whatever reason it always better safe than sorry.

greeniemommy
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 11:30 AM

yes take her in if it didnt go away the fallowing day after you went back to the old diapers i would guess that she is having a reaction to her shots and that needs to be put on something stronger then benadryl

mommaoftwo
by Gold Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 11:32 AM

so you changed brands of diapers, she got a vax,  and then broke out in hives?

If the hives are not specifically in the diaper area, I would not assume it was the diapers. ( Or rather if it was not worse in the diaper area)

I would bring the child to the Dr, after having taken pictures. I take pictures of everything, because usually things seem to get a little better just before their appt, and once we get home it gets worse again lol.  But that way you also have a time stamp on the photo

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 10, 2013 at 11:33 AM
Are the same brand of diapers? I fail to see how moving her up in diapers gave her hives. I would take her in. Doctors will also claim that it couldn't possibly be from the vaccines. They won't admit it. Injecting all that crap into your body, can/will/does cause adverse reactions. Good luck.
TinDoll
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 11:36 AM

I've been taking pictures since I saw them. The red bumps/circular welts are on her lower back from the top of her butt to about her ribs. That's the only place she has things. The new diapers went over that area only. She has no fever. She's not lethargic and is acting herself. 

Quoting mommaoftwo:

If the hives are not specifically in the diaper area, I would not assume it was the diapers. ( Or rather if it was not worse in the diaper area)

I would bring the child to the Dr, after having taken pictures. I take pictures of everything, because usually things seem to get a little better just before their appt, and once we get home it gets worse again lol.  But that way you also have a time stamp on the photo

NowImAMom...
by Silver Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 11:38 AM

It is extremely possible and probable. People don't report vaccine injuries and that is why it seems so crazy. There's a number you can call to report it.

laranadtony
by Ruby Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 11:38 AM

I just read somewhere that some kids are having that reaction to one of the vaccines but they have an alternate......ugh.....I will try to find it online but I think I read it in parents magazine.

mommaoftwo
by Gold Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 11:43 AM

That is really odd, especially seeing that the diapers have been switched back for a week now.

You said you changed the size, was it also the brand?

I have one kid who has many allergies, and one kid who has a staph colonization, so as soon as a skin anomaly pops up I start taking pictures.

Quoting TinDoll:

I've been taking pictures since I saw them. The red bumps/circular welts are on her lower back from the top of her butt to about her ribs. That's the only place she has things. The new diapers went over that area only. She has no fever. She's not lethargic and is acting herself. 

Quoting mommaoftwo:

Mommy of FIVE!!!

Tara~12.16.03  Zachary~5.17.05  Rowan~1.17.09  Willow~8/10/11 Baby~ EDA 1/27/13

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN