Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Friends with a HO!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies

I have been friends with a woman for 27 years.  We are 41 now.  When we were teenagers we use to run around together, we had a different boyfriend once a week.  She was always very permiscuous, once sleeping with 4 men in the same night at a party, one after another.  I accepted it, because it didn't effect me.  And back then it was funny when guys would say my friend is a whore.  She didn't seem to care.

She got married 15 years ago, had children, now she has been divorced for 4 years.  As far as I know she was faithful to her husband.  But now she is acting like she is a teenager again.  She is meeting men on Ashley Madison and other dating sites.  She invites men over in the mornings to have sex before she goes to work.  On the weekends she doesn't have her 2 boys, she sleeps with a few men during the weekend.  Like a revolving door. 

Its shameful and most of the men are married.  I'm having a hard time with her behavior and staying friends with her.  My husband of course wants me to end the friendship. I know men are going to cheat if they want, no matter what, but I have an issue with it being my friend that could be responsible for tearing a family apart.

Would you remain friends with her?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:04 PM
I have a friend like that. I don't let her personal life affect our relationship. Totally separate. Dh needs to understand the difference.
Aleta775
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:09 PM

I don't think I could. I have a lot of issues with infidelity any way. My dad cheated on my mom all the time. Cheating really grosses me out. The fact that she knows she is sleeping with married men would be the deal breaker for me. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:11 PM

Quoting Aleta775:

I don't think I could. I have a lot of issues with infidelity any way. My dad cheated on my mom all the time. Cheating really grosses me out. The fact that she knows she is sleeping with married men would be the deal breaker for me. 

I don't have any bug-a-boos with cheating personally.  I just know its wrong and destructive behavior.  I really am having a hard time with it.  Also, I feel embarassed for her. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:13 PM
Yes. She clearly has issues with needing sexual attention to validate herself. She needs your help, not your judgement... Especially if you're a friend.
Aleta775
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:13 PM

Even with the cheating aside, her actions are not okay. Having that many partners can only cause her problems. I hope that at the very least she is being cautious and using lots of protection. She could make herself very sick. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Aleta775:

I don't have any bug-a-boos with cheating personally.  I just know its wrong and destructive behavior.  I really am having a hard time with it.  Also, I feel embarassed for her. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:15 PM

Did her husband cheat on her? 

It depends on how much this bothers you. To me, I cannot stand women who purposely have sex with married me - it would be a deal breaker, at least until she stopped.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:17 PM
I agree with this. Who she sleeps with has no bearing on your platonic friendship.

Quoting Anonymous:

I have a friend like that. I don't let her personal life affect our relationship. Totally separate. Dh needs to understand the difference.

spooky415
by Ruby Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:18 PM
i couldn't be friends with someone like that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:20 PM
I agree, neither could I.

Quoting spooky415:

spooky415
by Ruby Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:22 PM
i mean, not all of my friends have to have the same lifestyle as me. out of most of my friends, i'm the only one married with a kid...but at the same time...i have to have friends with similar morals. i'm all about enjoying your freedom and if you enjoy sex, do it. but a couple men in one weekend? no. couldn't do it. and i don't think i could respect someone else that could...and if i can't respect you, i can't be friends with you.

Quoting Anonymous:

I agree, neither could I.

Quoting spooky415:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)