Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Shooting at CA high school...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

At least 2 shot, shooter said to be in custody.

Tell me again why we don't need gun control?

ETA: Let me clairify, I am not for BANs on guns. But better background checks, keeping guns from violent criminals (which if you research some states do give guns back to criminals), and psychiatric evaluations for assault weapons I do believe are necessary.

Or we can just sit here and do nothing and let our kids get shot...I guess that works too.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:10 PM
Replies (21-30):
RobsPrincess24
by ThePrincess on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:17 PM

Gun control only works for people who actually obey the laws. Do you honestly think a gang banger is going to care about gun control? News flash...THEY WON'T!!!

Quoting Anonymous:

That only works if its someone who is mentally ill. It could very well be a gang shooting. Those people aren't mentally ill, just stupid with easy access to guns.

Quoting Apollos82:

We have gun control. We need better mental health support.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:17 PM
Not everyone who shoots people are mentally ill. Some are and some aren't and many use that as an excuse to get an out of jail free card.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:17 PM

CA has crazy gun laws, one of the strictest states - and how has that stopped shootings?

KeimUNCmomof3
by Gold Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:18 PM

There needs to be security at every school.

illinoismommy83
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:18 PM
1 mom liked this

crysjuls
by Bronze Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:18 PM
It's hitting so close to home! I'm so happy my son's school is upping their security and safety measures. But as of now, I'm not even sure I want to send him to school again. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:21 PM

Uh check your facts before posting stupid pictures. Detroit still tops the list as of 2012, so try again.

Quoting illinoismommy83:

kris1stbaby
by Silver Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:23 PM

Tell me again how gun control laws will help this? If one of the teachers were allowed to carry then he might not have been able to kill anyone. Gun control laws.... haha...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:23 PM

gun control will do nothing to help that. if people want to get a gun, they will find a way. drugs are illegal but that doesn't stop people from buying/selling/using them. We are too far gone at this point to think that gun control will actuall make a difference. Either they'll get a gun or just find another way to act out these horrendous acts of violence. we need better schools, better communities, better parenting and yes better and more mental health support/

Quoting Anonymous:

That only works if its someone who is mentally ill. It could very well be a gang shooting. Those people aren't mentally ill, just stupid with easy access to guns.

Quoting Apollos82:

We have gun control. We need better mental health support.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:24 PM

I've resolved myself to the fact that I can't let my kids go anywhere alone, including school. Which is why I'm home schooling. And until we have some form of control keeping these things from nutcases, I also walk around armed at all times. I have 3 weapons, one in my purse, one in my car, and one in my home. My children will not go places by themselves, they don't even play in the yard without my being there. Because no one wants to feel like they're going to lose their rights, and because of that they want to place everyone else at risk.

Quoting crysjuls:

It's hitting so close to home! I'm so happy my son's school is upping their security and safety measures. But as of now, I'm not even sure I want to send him to school again. :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN