Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Shooting at CA high school...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

At least 2 shot, shooter said to be in custody.

Tell me again why we don't need gun control?

ETA: Let me clairify, I am not for BANs on guns. But better background checks, keeping guns from violent criminals (which if you research some states do give guns back to criminals), and psychiatric evaluations for assault weapons I do believe are necessary.

Or we can just sit here and do nothing and let our kids get shot...I guess that works too.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:10 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:25 PM

Tell that to the teacher who beat the shit out of the student. I'm sure she would have LOVED a gun in her hands, then she could have been rid of the kid forever. Or the teacher who raped his student, she wouldn't have opened her trap if she thought he could kill her.

Yeah THAT would be awesome...

Quoting kris1stbaby:

Tell me again how gun control laws will help this? If one of the teachers were allowed to carry then he might not have been able to kill anyone. Gun control laws.... haha...

JDmommyJD
by the sauce is boss on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:28 PM
Clicky anyone..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kris1stbaby
by Silver Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:31 PM

OK, but you would rather the teachers be helpless from some armed gunman coming into the school and killing everyone because they can't help??

Quoting Anonymous:

Tell that to the teacher who beat the shit out of the student. I'm sure she would have LOVED a gun in her hands, then she could have been rid of the kid forever. Or the teacher who raped his student, she wouldn't have opened her trap if she thought he could kill her.

Yeah THAT would be awesome...

Quoting kris1stbaby:

Tell me again how gun control laws will help this? If one of the teachers were allowed to carry then he might not have been able to kill anyone. Gun control laws.... haha...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:32 PM
Yeah because when someone spends months planning a mass shooting they don't deck themselves out with protective gear or anything.

I don't see how arming our teachers does anything except possibly put my child in the middle of crossfire. Chances are, the teacher is going to lose

Quoting kris1stbaby:

Reepicheep.CSL
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:35 PM
2 moms liked this
Because criminals follow the law...oh wait!
Do you not realize that if someone is effed up enough to shoot up a school or a theater or anything else...well they won't let something as pesky as gun laws get in the way. After all, isn't it already illegal to shoot and kill people? Look how much that law has helped those dead people!
kris1stbaby
by Silver Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:35 PM

there is no protective gear for the head and that's where you should aim. If you carry a weapon you are first taught how to shoot and aim it. If someone is pointing a gun at me... fuck aming for anything other than their head.

kris1stbaby
by Silver Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:36 PM

I replied but forgot to quote you

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah because when someone spends months planning a mass shooting they don't deck themselves out with protective gear or anything.

I don't see how arming our teachers does anything except possibly put my child in the middle of crossfire. Chances are, the teacher is going to lose

Quoting kris1stbaby:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:38 PM

Or how about actually doing something to take the mentally ill off the streets?  Especially since they are the ones who are actually shooting the inanimate objects that guns are.   

Quoting Anonymous:

At least 2 shot, shooter said to be in custody.

Tell me again why we don't need gun control?

ETA: Let me clairify, I am not for BANs on guns. But better background checks, keeping guns from violent criminals (which if you research some states do give guns back to criminals), and psychiatric evaluations for assault weapons I do believe are necessary.

Or we can just sit here and do nothing and let our kids get shot...I guess that works too.

kris1stbaby
by Silver Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:39 PM

And while it would be horrible for my kid to be in the crossfire it's better that someone is defending them and not helpless. That one teacher could be the person that save many lives but because it might create a cross fire we will just let the whole school be killed... fuck it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting kris1stbaby:

dandylynes
by Platinum Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:39 PM

Weird, I grew up in Kern county where it happened, in the middle of the desert.

I'm for some sort of reasonable gun control.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN