Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Shooting at CA high school...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

At least 2 shot, shooter said to be in custody.

Tell me again why we don't need gun control?

ETA: Let me clairify, I am not for BANs on guns. But better background checks, keeping guns from violent criminals (which if you research some states do give guns back to criminals), and psychiatric evaluations for assault weapons I do believe are necessary.

Or we can just sit here and do nothing and let our kids get shot...I guess that works too.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:10 PM
Replies (41-50):
Ms.Pteranodon
by Platinum Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:40 PM
This

Quoting Apollos82:

We have gun control. We need better mental health support.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
4g4b
by Bronze Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:40 PM
Maybe the mayans were right maybe it is the end of the world. Only it is gonna die slowly and painfully if this is how everyone will be. Gun control wont help they are called criminals for a reason. Amd banning guns wont help because cops will still carry same with military personel. Ever feel like we need a do over button as a country? I see no solution, we will keep right on killing each other til we are extinct. Human beings suck):/
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mommyof2n0308
by Marissa on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:41 PM
1 mom liked this
No they are mentally ill..they have a void that they try to fill by being in a gang... Any one willing to do things that most gangs require you to do to feel accepted makes them mentally ill..

Quoting Anonymous:

That only works if its someone who is mentally ill. It could very well be a gang shooting. Those people aren't mentally ill, just stupid with easy access to guns.

Quoting Apollos82:

We have gun control. We need better mental health support.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:44 PM

I'm finding stories with one victim, and with two. No report on conditions, suspect in custody. This is just too convenient. How about arming someone at the school that can stop them. People who can't legally get guns get them illegally, without it being in their name....oh and why can't I find this on CNN?

mary841108
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:46 PM

*yawn*

Mommyof2n0308
by Marissa on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:54 PM
I bet that Adam Lanzas brothers uncles sisters mother in laws great stunts best friends dads moms husband did it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:54 PM
There is bullet resistant head gear. The intruder could also grab a hostage child to make his way through the school. You can't take a shot with a hostage in his arms. He could smoke out the room before walking in , then the teacher has no where to aim.
And do you really think a hand gun is any match for an semi automatic assault rifle? The teacher would be dead before her hand touched the gun.
And then lastly more kids are victimized by their TEACHER each year than by mass shooters.

When someone does something like this they plan plan and plan some more. They know they will probably die or kill themselves in the end. They get the layout of the target area, the schedules... Routines.

Quoting kris1stbaby:

And while it would be horrible for my kid to be in the crossfire it's better that someone is defending them and not helpless. That one teacher could be the person that save many lives but because it might create a cross fire we will just let the whole school be killed... fuck it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah because when someone spends months planning a mass shooting they don't deck themselves out with protective gear or anything.

I don't see how arming our teachers does anything except possibly put my child in the middle of crossfire. Chances are, the teacher is going to lose

Quoting kris1stbaby:

Tell me again how gun control laws will help this? If one of the teachers were allowed to carry then he might not have been able to kill anyone. Gun control laws.... haha...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:57 PM

Better background check isn't going to matter if the person is legally obtaining the gun. Most of the time, the offender is not the owner of the gun used in their criminal BS.

ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Jan. 10, 2013 at 2:00 PM

And I have another question...why is the President on with a press secretary nomination instead of speaking on the shooting? Still can't find anything on CNN.

kris1stbaby
by Silver Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 2:04 PM

So you would rather them have no chance to protect your kid? It only takes one shot to kill them and if no one has a chance to take that one shot and preventing even more deaths then it's kind of pointless huh? I would much rather my sister (she's a teacher) be able to protect as many as she can. If they want to plan and plan and plan then they will know what schools have teacher that carry and what schools don't . I bet you anything they will choose the schools that have no teachers carrying.

Quoting Anonymous:

There is bullet resistant head gear. The intruder could also grab a hostage child to make his way through the school. You can't take a shot with a hostage in his arms. He could smoke out the room before walking in , then the teacher has no where to aim.
And do you really think a hand gun is any match for an semi automatic assault rifle? The teacher would be dead before her hand touched the gun.
And then lastly more kids are victimized by their TEACHER each year than by mass shooters.

When someone does something like this they plan plan and plan some more. They know they will probably die or kill themselves in the end. They get the layout of the target area, the schedules... Routines.

Quoting kris1stbaby:

And while it would be horrible for my kid to be in the crossfire it's better that someone is defending them and not helpless. That one teacher could be the person that save many lives but because it might create a cross fire we will just let the whole school be killed... fuck it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah because when someone spends months planning a mass shooting they don't deck themselves out with protective gear or anything.

I don't see how arming our teachers does anything except possibly put my child in the middle of crossfire. Chances are, the teacher is going to lose

Quoting kris1stbaby:

Tell me again how gun control laws will help this? If one of the teachers were allowed to carry then he might not have been able to kill anyone. Gun control laws.... haha...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)