Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Shooting at CA high school...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

At least 2 shot, shooter said to be in custody.

Tell me again why we don't need gun control?

ETA: Let me clairify, I am not for BANs on guns. But better background checks, keeping guns from violent criminals (which if you research some states do give guns back to criminals), and psychiatric evaluations for assault weapons I do believe are necessary.

Or we can just sit here and do nothing and let our kids get shot...I guess that works too.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:10 PM
Replies (61-64):
kris1stbaby
by Silver Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 3:03 PM

Awe, now you are trying to play the "I'm better and smarter than you" roll. How cute.

Quoting Anonymous:

You really believe teacher/student related crimes happen less than mass shootings in schools? Lmao. They get reported less because the media is trying to shove gun control down our throat not sex crimes.
You should do some research. You don't seem very smart. Sounds like you've been fed a bunch of bullshit and licked the plate clean.

Oh and it's adamant* And I'm only adamant so people that read this can see the stupidity in your argument and choose not to follow you in opinion.

Quoting kris1stbaby:

I don't know where you live but in the state I'm living in and in texas you can conceal it, not open carry, as long as you have a permit. I can open carry without one too though.

And, I will reply to your other comment since you are adamit about that. The student/teacher crimes aren't in the news as much as the school shooting are are they? Why? Because they aren't happening as often. If the teacher wanted to hurt a student... just like anyone else wanting to hurt someone... they will do it even if it is against the law. If they really wanted to shoot a kid they would bring the gun anyways... Like it's been said before "tell me again how criminals obey the law?"

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes they can open carry. No conceal and carry in most cases. There are exceptions such as police officers. You can put it in your glove box but you can't hide it under your coat and bust out in the middle of the mall.

And that's exactly what I said you CHOSE not to reply... I just added why I believed you did not reply. You have no reasonable rebuttal

Quoting kris1stbaby:

There are many people out there that conceal carry and you wouldn't notice so yes... I do think you should carry a gun with you. But it's ok. And I didn't ignore what you said I just chose not to reply to it because it's not going to change my mind about.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't live in Texas. I love how you just read what you want and don't reply to what you can't come up with a sensible answer for.

It doesn't matter though. You won't convince me more guns is the answer. What will happen when the teachers are armed? You're right they may bypass the school and move on to hospitals, daycares, playgrounds, amusement parks.

I assume you think we should all pack a pistol everywhere we go? Never address the real problem just hand everyone a gun and leave it to the vigilantes. You realize you may actually be putting a gun into the hands of a mass murderer. Yes teachers can be crazy too. Then she can lock the door and slowly off the kids one by one.

Quoting kris1stbaby:

Beacuse the teacher can't move the kids before bringing the gun out? If she has time to move them... if not then they are all dead anways... fuck trying to protect the kids, just die with them huh? Oh well. Don't ever move to Texas, teachers can carry guns there. Just FYI.

Quoting Anonymous:

Because in the time it takes to try to be a hero she could have my kids moved to a safe location. With the amount of protective gear the shooters had on the shot most likely won't matter.

The cons outweigh the pros in my opinion. I won't support placing the gun in the hands of teachers in the classroom. Especially when the chances that the teacher will victimize my child is MUCH higher than the chance of a mass shooting at their school.

But hey! I bet the rate of teacher/student related crimes drops. Our kids will be terrified to report them!

Quoting kris1stbaby:

So you would rather them have no chance to protect your kid? It only takes one shot to kill them and if no one has a chance to take that one shot and preventing even more deaths then it's kind of pointless huh? I would much rather my sister (she's a teacher) be able to protect as many as she can. If they want to plan and plan and plan then they will know what schools have teacher that carry and what schools don't . I bet you anything they will choose the schools that have no teachers carrying.

Quoting Anonymous:

There is bullet resistant head gear. The intruder could also grab a hostage child to make his way through the school. You can't take a shot with a hostage in his arms. He could smoke out the room before walking in , then the teacher has no where to aim.

And do you really think a hand gun is any match for an semi automatic assault rifle? The teacher would be dead before her hand touched the gun.

And then lastly more kids are victimized by their TEACHER each year than by mass shooters.

When someone does something like this they plan plan and plan some more. They know they will probably die or kill themselves in the end. They get the layout of the target area, the schedules... Routines.

Quoting kris1stbaby:

And while it would be horrible for my kid to be in the crossfire it's better that someone is defending them and not helpless. That one teacher could be the person that save many lives but because it might create a cross fire we will just let the whole school be killed... fuck it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah because when someone spends months planning a mass shooting they don't deck themselves out with protective gear or anything.

I don't see how arming our teachers does anything except possibly put my child in the middle of crossfire. Chances are, the teacher is going to lose

Quoting kris1stbaby:

Tell me again how gun control laws will help this? If one of the teachers were allowed to carry then he might not have been able to kill anyone. Gun control laws.... haha...

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 10, 2013 at 4:32 PM
I am not playing any roll. I'm just the only one backing up what I say.

I will sincerely apologize if you can show me any reliable source that says my child is more likely to be shot by a stranger than hurt by his teacher. Just one is all you need.

Quoting kris1stbaby:

Awe, now you are trying to play the "I'm better and smarter than you" roll. How cute.

Quoting Anonymous:

You really believe teacher/student related crimes happen less than mass shootings in schools? Lmao. They get reported less because the media is trying to shove gun control down our throat not sex crimes.

You should do some research. You don't seem very smart. Sounds like you've been fed a bunch of bullshit and licked the plate clean.

Oh and it's adamant* And I'm only adamant so people that read this can see the stupidity in your argument and choose not to follow you in opinion.

Quoting kris1stbaby:

I don't know where you live but in the state I'm living in and in texas you can conceal it, not open carry, as long as you have a permit. I can open carry without one too though.

And, I will reply to your other comment since you are adamit about that. The student/teacher crimes aren't in the news as much as the school shooting are are they? Why? Because they aren't happening as often. If the teacher wanted to hurt a student... just like anyone else wanting to hurt someone... they will do it even if it is against the law. If they really wanted to shoot a kid they would bring the gun anyways... Like it's been said before "tell me again how criminals obey the law?"

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes they can open carry. No conceal and carry in most cases. There are exceptions such as police officers. You can put it in your glove box but you can't hide it under your coat and bust out in the middle of the mall.

And that's exactly what I said you CHOSE not to reply... I just added why I believed you did not reply. You have no reasonable rebuttal

Quoting kris1stbaby:

There are many people out there that conceal carry and you wouldn't notice so yes... I do think you should carry a gun with you. But it's ok. And I didn't ignore what you said I just chose not to reply to it because it's not going to change my mind about.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't live in Texas. I love how you just read what you want and don't reply to what you can't come up with a sensible answer for.

It doesn't matter though. You won't convince me more guns is the answer. What will happen when the teachers are armed? You're right they may bypass the school and move on to hospitals, daycares, playgrounds, amusement parks.

I assume you think we should all pack a pistol everywhere we go? Never address the real problem just hand everyone a gun and leave it to the vigilantes. You realize you may actually be putting a gun into the hands of a mass murderer. Yes teachers can be crazy too. Then she can lock the door and slowly off the kids one by one.

Quoting kris1stbaby:

Beacuse the teacher can't move the kids before bringing the gun out? If she has time to move them... if not then they are all dead anways... fuck trying to protect the kids, just die with them huh? Oh well. Don't ever move to Texas, teachers can carry guns there. Just FYI.

Quoting Anonymous:

Because in the time it takes to try to be a hero she could have my kids moved to a safe location. With the amount of protective gear the shooters had on the shot most likely won't matter.

The cons outweigh the pros in my opinion. I won't support placing the gun in the hands of teachers in the classroom. Especially when the chances that the teacher will victimize my child is MUCH higher than the chance of a mass shooting at their school.

But hey! I bet the rate of teacher/student related crimes drops. Our kids will be terrified to report them!

Quoting kris1stbaby:

So you would rather them have no chance to protect your kid? It only takes one shot to kill them and if no one has a chance to take that one shot and preventing even more deaths then it's kind of pointless huh? I would much rather my sister (she's a teacher) be able to protect as many as she can. If they want to plan and plan and plan then they will know what schools have teacher that carry and what schools don't . I bet you anything they will choose the schools that have no teachers carrying.

Quoting Anonymous:

There is bullet resistant head gear. The intruder could also grab a hostage child to make his way through the school. You can't take a shot with a hostage in his arms. He could smoke out the room before walking in , then the teacher has no where to aim.

And do you really think a hand gun is any match for an semi automatic assault rifle? The teacher would be dead before her hand touched the gun.

And then lastly more kids are victimized by their TEACHER each year than by mass shooters.

When someone does something like this they plan plan and plan some more. They know they will probably die or kill themselves in the end. They get the layout of the target area, the schedules... Routines.

Quoting kris1stbaby:

And while it would be horrible for my kid to be in the crossfire it's better that someone is defending them and not helpless. That one teacher could be the person that save many lives but because it might create a cross fire we will just let the whole school be killed... fuck it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah because when someone spends months planning a mass shooting they don't deck themselves out with protective gear or anything.

I don't see how arming our teachers does anything except possibly put my child in the middle of crossfire. Chances are, the teacher is going to lose

Quoting kris1stbaby:

Tell me again how gun control laws will help this? If one of the teachers were allowed to carry then he might not have been able to kill anyone. Gun control laws.... haha...

kris1stbaby
by Silver Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 4:46 PM

While I like arguing with you I'm done. Once someone starts with the holier than thou additude I stop. Thanks

Quoting Anonymous:

I will sincerely apologize if you can show me any reliable source that says my child is more likely to be shot by a stranger than hurt by his teacher. Just one is all you need.

Quoting kris1stbaby:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting kris1stbaby:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting kris1stbaby:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting kris1stbaby:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting kris1stbaby:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting kris1stbaby:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting kris1stbaby:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 10, 2013 at 5:09 PM
While you may think that I'm always open for learning. I was just asking for your source so I could read it myself

Quoting kris1stbaby:

While I like arguing with you I'm done. Once someone starts with the holier than thou additude I stop. Thanks

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting kris1stbaby:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting kris1stbaby:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting kris1stbaby:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting kris1stbaby:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting kris1stbaby:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting kris1stbaby:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting kris1stbaby:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)