Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Was this rude of her? *edit*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 181 Replies

I'm getting married very soon. I had a good friend of mine help plan the wedding. She was suppose to be part of it but a few other friends told me if I didn't include them I wouldn't be allowed in their weddings. So I told my friend she couldn't be in the wedding anymore. But she has twins that are so cute and I wanted them involved. Her daughter had some behavioral problems and can't be left alone.  I asked if her kids could be involved. She said no. She said that her daughter couldn't be left with anyone but her and her husband. I have watch her kids a lot so I know both of them very well. I told her that my made of honnor is great with kids and would be in charge of all of them and it would be fine. She again said no and that no one would know how to handle it if her dd was to have an episode. I got mad and asked what if she has one with you during the vows! She then informed me that her family would not be attending the wedding and she wont talk about it any more.
So do you think she was being rude?

I don't think I made myself clear. I didn't tell her she couldn't be a part of the wedding at all just not in my bridal party. I offered her other jons like usher or setting up the hall.  My mom is paying for the wedding so I'm not allowed to have a huge wedding party, not to mention that my soon to be DH doesn't have many friends at all so the lines would be uneven if I allowed all my friends to be a part of it.  And I didn't ask if her children to be a part of the wedding to 'use' them I just really think they are cute kids and would make a great addition. I myself would be so happy if someone wanting my kid to be a part of their special day. We are still great friends she just refuses to talk about my wedding.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
matofour
by Silver Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:22 PM
Seriously?

She's doing what's best for her kid.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
areyouatroll
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:22 PM
9 moms liked this
You are rude, she is too nice to you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
muzzyh
by Gold Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:22 PM
1 mom liked this
No. I think you're making things very difficult for her.
catherine_b
by Bronze Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:22 PM
6 moms liked this
I think you disappointed her by using her help then cutting her off. I sm not surprised she told you no for her kids!
Louisianamom88
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:23 PM
1 mom liked this
You are the rude one.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:23 PM
Slap yourself for being a bad friend
VannaMae307
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:24 PM

I'm so glad I didn't go through wedding drama.

JsMommy1003
by Bronze Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:24 PM
12 moms liked this

no i think you were rude for accepting her help in planning the wedding then telling her she wouldnt be apart of it cause your other "so called friends" gave you an ultimatium....

sthflachk
8 moms liked this
I think she is pissed you chose other people over her to be in your wedding....after she helped. Pretty sure you've lost a friend now. But have fun at those other weddings....

ETA: You threw her out of the wedding party. Your edit still makes you look like an ass.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ethans_momma06
1 mom liked this

Nope. Not at all.

From what you have posted here though, kinda feeling like you were.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)