Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

So, my ex and I, have been on the fence about getting my 2 year old boy's ear pierced. Being the cool, hip momma, I am, I say what the hell! If he does not like it by the time he is old enough to make that decision, then we will gladly take it out..till then my baby, my desicion. But I'm wondering if anyone has ever had that thought, went thru will it, and what was everyone's reaction to it? 

by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 2:06 PM
Replies (161-170):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 35 on Jan. 11, 2013 at 8:49 AM

WOW why not wait then allow him to make the decision himself instead of leaving a permanent hole in his ear that he will not like.

I serioulsy would wait till he could choose to get it done or not.

Mel0dy
by Ruby Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 8:51 AM

I would like to get my DDs done I just have not had the balls to go get them done yet. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 36 on Jan. 11, 2013 at 8:52 AM
1 mom liked this

I find it funny how much people are saying NOT to do that to him, it will be there forever but I bet 90% of you saying no got your sons circed 

SommelierMom
by Emerald Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 8:55 AM
Quoting Anonymous:

My, aren't you a clever one.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 36 on Jan. 11, 2013 at 8:56 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

WOW why not wait then allow him to make the decision himself instead of leaving a permanent hole in his ear that he will not like.

I serioulsy would wait till he could choose to get it done or not.

Why not allow boys to decide if they want the tip of there dick chopped off? 

smushy79
by Gold Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 8:57 AM

Here's a bump.

I would never ever ever pierce my son's ears.

aidyns_mommy
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 8:57 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

For now, it's a risk. Younger kids go through that phase where he'll be called sissy  or girly. More than likely he'll want one when he's a teenager and I would let him get it then.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GirlWithANikon
by Platinum Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:00 AM

My mom did it and it looked stupid and everyone even strangers would say it. Wen he was old enough he took them out because one earring is cool when you're 16 but earrings even just one are girls when you are a kid. And even if he looks like a boy people may start saying she like they do with boys with long hair even though in the face they are very male looking, or they may just start asking if you knew you had a boy not a girl lol. 

Its up to you but I think it's a dumb idea. Your baby your choice doesn't really matter what we think. 

GirlWithANikon
by Platinum Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:01 AM

Also are male earrings still cool momma I'm only 25 and haven't seen one on dude my again years, I also move a lot so it's not just my area. I think earrings on boys may not be cool any more momma. 

periwinkle163
by Silver Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:03 AM

I wouldn't. I waited for my dd to be old enough to choose for herself.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN