Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

So, my ex and I, have been on the fence about getting my 2 year old boy's ear pierced. Being the cool, hip momma, I am, I say what the hell! If he does not like it by the time he is old enough to make that decision, then we will gladly take it out..till then my baby, my desicion. But I'm wondering if anyone has ever had that thought, went thru will it, and what was everyone's reaction to it? 

by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 2:06 PM
Replies (121-130):
SommelierMom
by Emerald Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 4:51 PM
1 mom liked this

"Cool, hip mommas" don't inflict pain on their babies for no reason.  Moms whose priorities are incredibly out of whack do.  Pretty easy to see which you are.

Amy_M
by Silver Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 4:51 PM

Horrible idea....we didn't get my daughters ears pierced until she was 7 and had been asking for over a year to get it done.  

MrsCountryMama
by Platinum Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 4:51 PM
I waited my son asked to get his ear pierced when he was 6.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ATG499
by Platinum Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 4:52 PM
Huh. Okay. Learn something new every day!

Still, that's just mean. The only way I can tell some babies are girls is the ear piercing. Don't ruin that for me!! Lol

Quoting StevieMarie:

NOT TRUE! I had y ears pierced when I was less than 3 months old. I wore earring all the time until about 4th grade when I went through like a tomboy phase, I took them out and didnt wear anything in them for months. Hole closed completely. You couldnt even see where they had been pierced. I had to get them redone a few years later when I was into them again. Same thing with my nose and my lip, a few weeks after removal, the hole closed up. Everyone is different. Also, my best friend in 1st grade was a boy, he had one ear pierced since he was a toddler, he looooved it, and ended up changing his mind, later, his hole closed up as well. There's actually creams you can use to help it close completely.

Quoting ATG499:

Yeah, no. That's just wrong. Poor kid is gonna hate you for that. And you can't just take it out and call it good. The hole won't close all the way after it's healed.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 10, 2013 at 4:52 PM
Poor kid
SommelierMom
by Emerald Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 4:53 PM

Quoting ikesmommy:

My son was almost three when he got his. He wanted to match daddy

That looks so stupid.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 10, 2013 at 4:53 PM
Stupid much? Hell no I wouldn't pierce my son's ear. Damn people are stupid!
Eliots_momma
by Gold Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 4:53 PM
No way!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 10, 2013 at 4:54 PM

Quoting angie_de_3:

Should I ask him if he wants to get vaccinated? But for girls its ok to get pierced, right?

Quoting macilah:

wow thats sad that you think that way! sadly mistaken...at least wait until he is old enough to make a desicion based on HIS body...by the time they are four sometimes three they can decide what they like and what they dont..at least give him a chance to speak for himself before you go putting holes in HIS body

Quoting angie_de_3:

As a grown woman, no. But my children's bodies are mine. 

Quoting Anonymous:

would you like to have something done to your body without your consent! and as for him making the decision to take it out if he wants when he is older it.is a stupid suggestion! he should have the choice to pierce it when he is old enough before you go and do it yourself

Please tell me you didn't just compare vaccinations and piercings?  SMFH.

mitchiesgirl
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 4:54 PM
1 mom liked this

My cousin peicered her son's ear at 2 and everyone thought from one side he was a girl. I wouldn't do it until he asked (you can be the cool, hip momma if he asks for it)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)