Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

So, my ex and I, have been on the fence about getting my 2 year old boy's ear pierced. Being the cool, hip momma, I am, I say what the hell! If he does not like it by the time he is old enough to make that decision, then we will gladly take it out..till then my baby, my desicion. But I'm wondering if anyone has ever had that thought, went thru will it, and what was everyone's reaction to it? 

by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 2:06 PM
Replies (131-140):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 28 on Jan. 10, 2013 at 4:55 PM

know what is even more stupid?  a grown ass woman calling a little kid names.

Quoting SommelierMom:

Quoting ikesmommy:

My son was almost three when he got his. He wanted to match daddy

That looks so stupid.

.dreamcatcher.
by Bronze Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 4:56 PM

i honestly have to say i wouldn't do it. that's a decision that he can make when hes old enough. i get where you're coming from. but you should wait till he is old enough to come to you and ask for it. then be the cool, hip mom and tell him yeah.

MeAndTommyLee
by Ruby Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 4:58 PM

I don't know.  I've got no problem with ear piercings and tattoos, but on a two year old boy I might wait.  Baby girls I have no problem with and did it.  Actually when my DH bought one of our 2 yr old sons a pinky ring I didn't like that so much.

LittleBirdFly
by Gold Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 4:59 PM

I dont think it is hip at all. I think it looks terrible but that just my opinion.

SommelierMom
by Emerald Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 5:00 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting SommelierMom:

Quoting ikesmommy:

That looks so stupid.

I'm not calling the kid names, I'm saying the piercing looks stupid.  You're not a bright one, eh?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 28 on Jan. 10, 2013 at 5:06 PM

hey, if you like telling kids that they "look" stupid then go for it.  doesnt make you any less of a bitch though.

Quoting SommelierMom:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting SommelierMom:

Quoting ikesmommy:

That looks so stupid.

I'm not calling the kid names, I'm saying the piercing looks stupid.  You're not a bright one, eh?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 29 on Jan. 10, 2013 at 5:09 PM
Unless its cultural or something no, I think it's ugly.
StevieMarie
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 5:13 PM

Lol ok I wont!! Promise.

Quoting ATG499:

Huh. Okay. Learn something new every day!

Still, that's just mean. The only way I can tell some babies are girls is the ear piercing. Don't ruin that for me!! Lol

Quoting StevieMarie:

NOT TRUE! I had y ears pierced when I was less than 3 months old. I wore earring all the time until about 4th grade when I went through like a tomboy phase, I took them out and didnt wear anything in them for months. Hole closed completely. You couldnt even see where they had been pierced. I had to get them redone a few years later when I was into them again. Same thing with my nose and my lip, a few weeks after removal, the hole closed up. Everyone is different. Also, my best friend in 1st grade was a boy, he had one ear pierced since he was a toddler, he looooved it, and ended up changing his mind, later, his hole closed up as well. There's actually creams you can use to help it close completely.

Quoting ATG499:

Yeah, no. That's just wrong. Poor kid is gonna hate you for that. And you can't just take it out and call it good. The hole won't close all the way after it's healed.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 30 on Jan. 10, 2013 at 5:17 PM

I think putting holes in a child, is a decision they should make. Even if he decides to remove it later in life, it will leave a scar from the hole that will be an obvious piercing hole. That's something that could be embarrassing for a kid.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 31 on Jan. 10, 2013 at 5:20 PM
I guess I don't understand why? I know many people pierce ears when they are newborns for cultural reasons, and I know many little girls want pierced ears, my niece begged, and got them done at 8. However, a 2 year old seems to be a random age.

So, no, I don't think I would let my toddler get their ears pierced. I can understand cultural reasons for a newborn, but other than that it seems like something that can wait until the child is old enough to care for it themselves.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN