Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

So, my ex and I, have been on the fence about getting my 2 year old boy's ear pierced. Being the cool, hip momma, I am, I say what the hell! If he does not like it by the time he is old enough to make that decision, then we will gladly take it out..till then my baby, my desicion. But I'm wondering if anyone has ever had that thought, went thru will it, and what was everyone's reaction to it? 

by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 2:06 PM
Replies (151-160):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 10, 2013 at 5:40 PM
So do you know he is gay or is he going to be a pirate when he gets older. For real a boys ear pierced. That's tacky.
tndsmomma28
by Gold Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 5:40 PM

Why wouldn't you just wait until your son is old enough to decide for himself?  Seems stupid to make the decision for him.  What purpose does it serve to get your toddler son's ears pierced?  Will the other kids in the Diaper Gang think he's cooler because he has his ears pierced?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 10, 2013 at 5:42 PM
2 moms liked this

Well, forgive me... but I picture you as a trashy family if you would do this... someone who might get their pic on the people of Walmart site one day....

MistyMoo
by Ruby Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 5:43 PM
I wouldn't do my son's ears.. Just my daughters.. .
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
HyrulianHeroine
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 5:52 PM

you should let him have that choice when he gets older

luvmymunchkins3
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 5:53 PM
sorry but boys/guy with their ears pierced look stupid and its ugly
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darnette
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 6:48 PM
1 mom liked this
That's your opinion, thanks for sharing ;-) have a great night.

Quoting SommelierMom:

Quoting darnette:

If they do they keep it to themselves. But I think it's because he just looks really good with them. Like one of those sports players with the big earrings, just a mini version. LoL...He gets a lot of compliments for teenage girls on how they would date him if he was older and he's only 5.... It's funny watching him turn red and smiling LoL

Quoting angie_de_3:

very cool! do people say anything negative about it? not that I care, just want to know what to expect lol

Quoting darnette:

3, he really wanted it and from what I hear he didn't even cry

Quoting angie_de_3:

AWW HOW OLD WHEN HE DID IT?

Quoting darnette:

My son wanted his ears pierced and so did my hub.... I was against it..... They went out and did it anyways.... He got both done with giant square studs. It looks so good on him and its his choice/ his body

No toddler looks "good" with piercings.  Trashy?  Yes.  Thuggish?  Yes.  Like he's from a low socioeconomic category?  Yes.  Ghetto?  Absolutely.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 11, 2013 at 8:42 AM

Quoting SommelierMom:

Quoting ikesmommy:

My son was almost three when he got his. He wanted to match daddy

That looks so stupid.

So does your kids and your mother :)

svolkov
by Emerald Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 8:43 AM

i was talking to a young girl with two kids and her youngest was 6 mo old. he had one ear pierced. it looked extremely trashy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 11, 2013 at 8:47 AM

I got me son's ear pierced (I was really young) and his Dad was PISSED. He went for a visit and came home without it, I didn't fight him on it so I never put it back in. I kind of regret doing it. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)