Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Ohio rape. was it? ** edit in red

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 193 Replies

Coming from a small football crazed town myself. I'm curious what you all think about it.

I've known girls that would get super wasted at parties and end up sleeping with someone and not remembering.

The girl's actions sound questionable.

I am in no way saying it was the victim's fault, but simply pointing out that the circumstances surrounding her rape will make the prosecutions case a hard one to get any real justice out of them. It's interesting to see all the difference of opinion though.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/17/sports/high-school-football-rape-case-unfolds-online-and-divides-steubenville-ohio.html?pagewanted=all&_r=1&

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 10, 2013 at 2:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 10, 2013 at 2:41 PM
24 moms liked this
If she is too drunk to remember then obviously she was too drunk to consent
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 10, 2013 at 2:42 PM

I live near Steubenville.  the entire town is split on this. 

firespurity
by Ruby Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 2:42 PM
This is the legal standard

Quoting Anonymous:

If she is too drunk to remember then obviously she was to drunk to consent
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pbjtime87
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 2:42 PM
Link? I haven't heard of anything coming from Ohio
elizabethnoelb
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 2:44 PM
6 moms liked this

did you see the video?  I mean......clearly she was incapable of consenting to anything.  And to be mocked like that - unbelievable.  I think there is a difference between getting wasted and sleeping with someone and then not really remembering... ( typically this happens on your behalf or while you are engaging in the act as well as the other person) as opposed to literally being passed out and not moving while someone has sex with you. Thats rape. 110%

macbudsmom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 2:47 PM
1 mom liked this

She was literally passed out!!!  Of course it was rape!!!

Wydowness
by Kusabi on Jan. 10, 2013 at 2:50 PM
That girl was raped
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 10, 2013 at 2:52 PM
What video?

Quoting elizabethnoelb:

did you see the video?  I mean......clearly she was incapable of consenting to anything.  And to be mocked like that - unbelievable.  I think there is a difference between getting wasted and sleeping with someone and then not really remembering... ( typically this happens on your behalf or while you are engaging in the act as well as the other person) as opposed to literally being passed out and not moving while someone has sex with you. Thats rape. 110%

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 10, 2013 at 3:04 PM

Google "Ohio Rape" and you'll read all about it. Nothing I read actually said there was penetration. My guess is that it will be dropped to a lesser offense. I think the charges against the other boy should be dropped so that he can testify to the main offender, if not dropped reduced.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 10, 2013 at 3:06 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

What video?

Quoting elizabethnoelb:

There were videos that some of the witnesses and I think one of the boys arrested that taped the girl being assaulted. Not sure if they were removed or not.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN