Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Strange thing for a child to say....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies

I think so anyway. The first time it happened, I didn't think much of it, but now I realize she says it way too often.

I watch this little girl through the week, I haven't been watching her too long, less than a week before Christmas. Sometimes we have to go out, and if we're out and about after lunch time, we'll eat out. I had to take one of my kids to the doctor one day. We were there from 10 to 1, so when we got out, we went to Wendy's to eat. I ordered food, we go sit down and I hand the kids their food and she says to me, "You got me food too? Wow." That was the first time she said it.

But she says it every time we eat anything extra or different. I gave her yogurt, "I get to eat this? Wow!" This morning, I didn't feel like cooking breakfast, we had a bowl of cereal..."You put milk in mine too? Wow!"

It seems to me like someone may have gotten themselves food and not fed her? I don't know, she may just be being a 3 year old, but my kids never did this....they knew if I was eating, they were eating too.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 10, 2013 at 4:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 4:18 PM

That does seem odd. Does she show any other signs of being underfed or neglected?

Jessica_Esqueda
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 4:19 PM

Sounds like she has a few things she eats and not much else-- like dry cereal, judging by the milk comment. Poor thing. 

Rlmama00
by Silver Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 4:23 PM

It might be nothing. At that age my dd would thank me for everything as if I had given her the most amazing thing ever. If she saw me pack her lunch for preschool she would say, " you packed me raisins? Oh thank you thank you thank you mommy!" If I tied her shoes or gave her paper and crayons I would get the same reaction. It was like she had figured out how to show appreciation and went crazy with it. It was adorable but over the top.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 10, 2013 at 4:25 PM
My DD used to ask to use the bathroom, or ask to drink her drink. Sort of reminds me of this child's behavior.
SnapIt
by Ruby Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 4:28 PM
Awww
If this is true someone is depriving her i would think
It sounds like surprise responses with the wow at the end
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lyssa0587
by Gold Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 4:30 PM

hhmmmm...interesting. It could be just a phase. Maybe, there are just certain things she doesn't get at home because they can't afford it, or something. It does seem very odd, though. Does she seem under fed?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 10, 2013 at 7:46 PM

Not at all. She is 3 and weighs 56lbs, lol. My 6 year old doesn't weigh that much....

But she was staying with a family member while her parents work for the past 3 years....... 

Quoting Lyssa0587:

hhmmmm...interesting. It could be just a phase. Maybe, there are just certain things she doesn't get at home because they can't afford it, or something. It does seem very odd, though. Does she seem under fed?

Lyssa0587
by Gold Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 7:51 PM

Where in the world do her parents work, that they just leave her with a family member so they can work?! Now, that, is odd. Wait, As in she is living with these family members? I think I confused myself..LOL

Quoting Anonymous:

Not at all. She is 3 and weighs 56lbs, lol. My 6 year old doesn't weigh that much....

But she was staying with a family member while her parents work for the past 3 years....... 

Quoting Lyssa0587:

MochaBerry24
by Silver Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 7:52 PM
1 mom liked this

why don't you just ask her some open ended questions. 

beachbabies6
by Gold Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 7:55 PM

that does sound strange

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)