Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

does your dh/boyfriend get mad because....

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
You have male friends? Did u have to drop your male friends? What do you thunk about a man who gets mad because his woman talks to other guys?? Red flag?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 10, 2013 at 4:30 PM
Replies (21-30):
RobinBright
by Platinum Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 4:39 PM

No, my partner is an adult and he does not judge my friends based on their genitalia.  Controlling another adult's social life is a huge red flag for me.   I can't imagine being insecure and controlling enough to tell SO who he could or could not socialize with.  

CrystalPystol
by Silver Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 4:42 PM

No, he does not. I told him at the beginning of our relationship my friends were there before him male and female. He was not going to tell me who I could and could not talk to. Those same friends, if they were true would be there after him. I've always stood by that.

TAG_ur_it
by Gold Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 4:45 PM

we have mostly the same friends.  and no, me having male friends is not an issue. his ex wife cheated on him.  but i've made it perfectly clear that i am not her and that his jealous and insecurity is HIS issue, not mine and unless he has a reason not to trust ME, he has no say in who i'm friends with and vice versa.  

HyrulianHeroine
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 4:49 PM

Same here. Out of respect i left my male friends alone once me and my DH got serious, just as he left any female friends alone.

Quoting macysmom:

I dont have male friends out of respect.

lovinglife0682
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 4:53 PM
This

Quoting jillbailey26:

The only male friends I have are the ones he's friends with.  I'm friends with all of their wives.  So there's nothing to even get mad about.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CuriousArentYa
by Platinum Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 4:56 PM

No. He was not happy about a male friend that I had when we met but he got to be friends with the guy and they were fine after that. Looking back I can understand why he was a little uncomfortable, I would drive his truck sometimes, let him drive my car and he would go out to dinner with my parents and me. I had never been in a serious relationship before so I never really thought that it would make my husband uncomfortable. 

EmilysMom2010
by Ruby Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 4:57 PM
I only have one male friend. He was a 30year old virgin till he met his latest gf. Other than that I have never met and been friends with any guy that wouldn't jump in my pants the first chance he gott. So no. I don't have guy friends. I am friends with my husbands friends. We have all known each other for over ten years. But I don't hang out with them or have their numbers.

But my husband does not get mad. He gives everyone the benefit of the doubt. Just like me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wildlilacs
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 4:58 PM
Yup,red flag. Insecurity big time.
Elayna90
by Gold Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 4:58 PM
In the beginning, it was an issue. We were both too jealous. Now it's ok as long as their are boundaries. I don't go out by myself with my guy friends.

To give an example: I went to lunch today at my husbands work. One of my guy friends showed up as I was finishing and dh got him from his table and brought him to mine. When I asked him why he did that knowing I would be leaving soon he told me that it was so I could have some company.

As long as I am open about the friendship, dh doesn't mind. If I tried to hide it, it would become an issue. My dh also knows all of my guy friends. Many are his friends as well.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 10, 2013 at 4:58 PM

He trusts me as I do him.

I don't hang out with men alone, socialize solo or anything like that simply because I prefer being home with my family, but if my husband wanted to go out with a group of friends, and it was mixed with women, I would be okay, the same way he would be okay with me going out with a group of friends of both sexes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured