Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

anon posts...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
Seeing a ton of anon posts with ridiculous subject matter, and they're getting tons of responses. This doesn't make sense to me. They're doing it for attention, or possibly to argue. Whatever the reason, why reward them with your time?

:-) posted anon for humor purposes :-)
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 10, 2013 at 4:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 10, 2013 at 4:59 PM

jessica1078
by Silver Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 5:39 PM
the anon posts i mostly reply to are usually the ones that say the rudest or stupidest things but there are a few that were worth reply basically because a similar situation I also face(d).
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 10, 2013 at 6:49 PM
Cute. Offensive wasn't the point here, but cute.

Quoting Anonymous:

Pink.Sunshine
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 6:49 PM

I make a lot of posts and I always get a lot of responses. 98% of the time I'm not trolling :P without giving myself away, I post simple questions that anyone can answer. I never get less than 100 responses on my posts.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 10, 2013 at 6:51 PM
That's exactly what I mean. They are posting rude or idiot things and then laughing at the waste of time. The posts that have real subject matter are not what I'm talking about.

Quoting jessica1078:

the anon posts i mostly reply to are usually the ones that say the rudest or stupidest things but there are a few that were worth reply basically because a similar situation I also face(d).
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 10, 2013 at 6:54 PM
ALL time on the internet has value to be wasted!!!?!O.o!!???! Odd one you are.

Quoting Anonymous:

That's exactly what I mean. They are posting rude or idiot things and then laughing at the waste of time. The posts that have real subject matter are not what I'm talking about.

Quoting jessica1078:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 10, 2013 at 6:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Jeez. People are always complaining about why there's an anon button or why anon's are "just so rude". Now they're complaining about how many replies anon's get??
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 10, 2013 at 6:58 PM
Sweet. There is nothing wrong with simple questions. This post came about after an anon post listing things a woman shouldn't do after 30, with over 30 responses. The list made no sense, and was likely posted due to a lack of something real to say with a need for attention. Why give it to her?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 10, 2013 at 7:08 PM
I see the point of the button, they're rude because they can be (same as being rude when you aren't anon...only easier because there isn't consequence attached), and the post is asking why waste time responding to idiocy, not exactly complaining...would like to know the answer since so many people are doing it

Quoting Anonymous:

Jeez. People are always complaining about why there's an anon button or why anon's are "just so rude". Now they're complaining about how many replies anon's get??
Diamepphyre
by Ruby Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 7:27 PM

They're doing it to boost their rank, becausd a pretend rank in an internet forum makes them sooooooo important, don't you know?!?  (Never mind that whatever rank and $1.75 might get you a small cup of coffee at Starbucks.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)