Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My 14 year old was suspended today for......What would you do? EDIT TO ADD WHY THEY CHOSE SUSPENSION

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My 14 year old was suspended today.

For taking his shoes off in class, throwing his sock across the room and yelling "2319! We have a 2319", then jumping under his desk to hide.

Seriousily -_- wtf?

He's 14, ok. I get it. Your a kid. You want to have fun and make your friends life. But come on. Have some common sense and don't act like a 2 year old!

So I took his phone, iPod and laptop.
He asked what he's suppose to do for fun, I told him if he wants to act like a toddler then I'll
Treat him like one and to go play with his sisters blocks.

What would you have done.

Eta: I wouldn't be so mad but damn he needs to grow up and take some responsibility.

He's failing almost if all his classes and the ones he's passing he's Barry doing so.

I can't count how many detentions he's had for doing stupid shit.

And this is his second suspension this year.

Grounding doesn't work, and up until Christmas he didn't have a laptop or iPod to take away, if that doesn't work.... Well then he's going to think I deserve to be named the worst mom of the year.

EDIT: he wasn't suspended exactly for his "prank", he's reached his max number of detentions and AE, they only things left are suspension and expulsion. The schools as frustrated with him as I am. He's a smart kid, he use to do well in school and he has the ability to do well. He just won't fucking use it.

When the jokes and pranks started I just brushed it off. He's a kid. A teenaged boy. They joke. They prank. But then his grades started slipping. Detentions were becoming a daily thing, then he had AE all the time.

One prank resulted in a girls hand being slammed shut in her locker, which broke 2 of her fingers.
He And the other boys wrote apology letters and weren't punished because every one knew it was an accident, and I had hopes it was enough to get him to straighten up his act. But it wasn't.

Hes always in trouble at school.
At home, he's fine. He does his chores without complaint, helps around the house, helps with the you the younger kids.

But Send him to school, and he shows his ass (and e literally showed his ass one day).

He's not taking his school work , we talk frequently, I've told
And showed him important it is, and it's just not getting through to him.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 10, 2013 at 6:26 PM
Replies (21-30):
ajnmadismommy
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 6:32 PM

LOL yes!!!!!

Quoting Anonymous:

Monsters inc

Quoting ajnmadismommy:

I know that's from a movie..... "2319, 2319" but I can't think of the movie...

but I would have done the same thing......he wants to act like a little kid then he should get treated like one!

CampClan
by Platinum Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 6:32 PM
1 mom liked this
Monsters Inc

Quoting ajnmadismommy:

but I would have done the same thing......he wants to act like a little kid then he should get treated like one!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
o.O....
by Cara on Jan. 10, 2013 at 6:32 PM

I would have taken away all of his socks.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 10, 2013 at 6:32 PM
Good one mom! Haha
breydans_mommy
by Silver Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 6:32 PM
Omg! I just died! Lmao. It is too! I heart your kid! I know im a bad influence but I LOVE THAT MOVIE!

Quoting other_mother:

Quoting ajnmadismommy:

Monsters Inc.

sarahjoy
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 6:32 PM

I like what you did... totally would do the same thing.  Great idea!:)

SWasson
by Silver Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 6:32 PM

BTW, That's not toddler behavior, that's middle-school stuff. Approval from peers trumps everything else.

sheymann
by Gold Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 6:33 PM

I would have taken everything told him to go read a book or entertain himself or play in the yard. 

baquick
by Ruby Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 6:33 PM
Same thing!
sheramom4
by Ruby Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 6:33 PM

LMAO! What possessed him to do that???

I would have done the same, then would have been secretly laughing with my husband because although it was not a good idea, it was very creative and funny.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)