Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Omfg I wasn't trying to steal the diapers!!

Posted by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 7:01 PM
  • 210 Replies
I was shopping at Wal-Mart. I needed to pick up a few groceries, some medicine for my sick toddler, and diapers.

I was distracted at the register because the cashier knows my mom and she was talking about how much my one year looks like her. She was also asking questions about my pregnancy. I was also distracted because my three year old was complaining about his new hair cut and he was trying to "help" with the groceries.

So the diapers were at the bottom of the buggy and I forgot about them until we started walking out the door.

Then the alarm went off.

I told them I must have forgot them were on the bottom and offered to pay for them right then. But the manager started threatening to prosecute me for theft!! I told him that it was just a simple mishap.

He said that obviously being a young mom and expecting a new baby that I must be strapped for cash.

I told assured him that I had the money and could pay for the diapers.

He then called me a liar and said he saw the cashier use her personal money to help with my total.

But that is not what happened.

My total came to $62.10. I paid with cash because I had previously cashed a check for over $450. I had exactly 2 one dollar bills in my purse, along with a bunch of twentys and a ten dollar bill. I also had a few coins.

I didn't want to have to break my $10 bill so I handed the cashier 3 twentys and my two ones and started digging through my purse to look for a dime. After a few minutes the cashier pulled a dime out of her pocket and told me not to worry about it. I thanked her and went on my way.

I showed the manger my bank envelope with nearly $400 in it and he said he "allowed" me to pay for the diapers and leave, but he warned me that he would "be on the look out" for me in the future.

WTF?!?

If I was really going to steal diapers I would have at least taken Pampers or Huggies and not the store brand... SMH.

The next closest store is nearly 20 miles away but I think I will drive the extra miles not to deal with that crap.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 7:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ms.Pteranodon
by Platinum Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 7:05 PM
Bump!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cassiehmomof3
by Bronze Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 7:05 PM
12 moms liked this
Walmart managers think they are a god. I wouldn't worry about it. If anything it's the cashiers fault for not double checking the cart.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
RunningMommaof2
by Kelly on Jan. 10, 2013 at 7:07 PM
3 moms liked this

What a psycho! that stuff happens all the time. 

beachbabies6
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 7:07 PM

how embarassing

illinoismommy83
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 7:09 PM

The manager must be so proud of himself. Don't let him bother you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 10, 2013 at 7:10 PM
14 moms liked this
Wtf??! Put a complaint in on that dick he insulted you to top it off. Id get him fired and he'd be working at a dollar store lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TattoodMommy19
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 7:10 PM
12 moms liked this
That was totally out of line!

I'd make a complaint with the person above him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy_2_be_2010
by Ruby Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 7:11 PM
1 mom liked this
That manager sounds like a douche.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Jessy613
by Diamond Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 7:11 PM

Quoting TattoodMommy19:

That was totally out of line!

I'd make a complaint with the person above him.

mrssummerlin
by Platinum Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 7:12 PM

What a fucking moron.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN