Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you have a childhood memory that changed your outlook on something?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies
Since I've seen a few racist posts & a few 'Are you racist?" posts, I thought I would share mine. When I was 8, my best friend was a boy named Jordan. He was black, I'm white. I never thought anything of it. One day after school I took my crayons & Cinderella coloring book to Jordan's house so we could color together. While I was very intent on coloring Cinderella perfectly (white skin, blonde hair, blue eyes, etc.) I didn't pay attention to Jordan. We got done about the same time & I looked at his. He had colored Prince Charming with Brown skin, brown eyes & black hair. In my 8 year old mind it was the coolest thing EVER. When I went home I showed my mom & asked her if there really was a black Disney prince. She said 'No, but there should be". I don't remember Jordan's last name anymore, or where he is now, but this memory has stuck with me for years. Every time I hear a 'black' stereotype, I think of Jordan & I feel ashamed of my race. I loved when 'The Princess and the Frog' came out. :)
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 10, 2013 at 7:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 10, 2013 at 7:05 PM
bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 10, 2013 at 7:06 PM
bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 10, 2013 at 7:18 PM
bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 11, 2013 at 3:13 AM

1) brother molested my sister and put me in the dryer--dont trust any man around my daughters even if they are family

2) friend was hit by a car walking his bicycle across the street and dragged for several blocks before the driver even realized they had struck him--I never had a desire to ride a bicycle and still have never rode one and I am going on 35

3) my father was a drunk, drug addict, philanderer, etc--my first response is to defend/argue/fight, leave a situation than to risk causing my children harm, have control

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)