Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I will NOT teach my daughter to..................

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 78 Replies
15 moms liked this

....avoid dark allys, or to dress conservativly. I will teach her to be responsible with alcohol, but NOT because irresponsibility will lead to rape. 

Instead, I will teach my sons that NO means NO, that unconsious, inebrieted, or underage MEANS NO. I will teach my sons that rape is NEVER OK, even when a girl "makes herself vulnerable" He will know that sex without consent IS RAPE.

Whats awful is that this is odd when it should be common 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 10, 2013 at 8:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 10, 2013 at 8:03 PM
1 mom liked this
So you're assuming that only half dressed women that walk down dark streets are the only ones who get raped?
jillbailey26
by Jill on Jan. 10, 2013 at 8:04 PM
4 moms liked this

I'd teach mine to avoid dark alleys just to be on the safe side.  Not because of rape, but because anything can happen.  She can learn how to defend herself, but it's still better safe than sorry.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 10, 2013 at 8:04 PM

Yes, thats exactly what I am assuming.........................IF I WANTED MY DD TO GET RAPED! 

Do you have any critical thining skills?

Quoting Anonymous:

So you're assuming that only half dressed women that walk down dark streets are the only ones who get raped?

moosesmom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 8:05 PM
This.

Quoting jillbailey26:

I'd teach mine to avoid dark alleys just to be on the safe side.  Not because of rape, but because anything can happen.  She can learn how to defend herself, but it's still better safe than sorry.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 10, 2013 at 8:05 PM
So you will let her dress like a skank and walk through dark alleys?

I agree with the second part of your post.
shivasgirl
by Platinum Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 8:06 PM
1 mom liked this

I was raped at 15 by the father of a baby I was babysitting, no dark alley or slutty clothes needed

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 10, 2013 at 8:06 PM

I was raped when I was younger by a family member in my parents home.  Doesn't matter where you are or what you're wearting.. There are assholes everywhere.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 10, 2013 at 8:07 PM
I will teach my daughter to use her head and how to be safer... Like walking in alleys.. Avoid them for safety. (Just an example). The reason why is because not every mother teaches their son how to treat women. There will always be a criminal waiting for the girl to harm her (goes both ways, not saying girls can't be the criminal).
la-cosa-nostra
by Gold Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 8:10 PM
1 mom liked this
I totally understand the point you are making and I LOVE it! More people need to recognize that it's NEVER the victims' fault that they were attacked, and the people who choose to attack others need to be held responsible for their actions, end of story.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
arpazia
by Platinum Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 8:11 PM
What's that little saying... Something about proactive... Reactive...?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured