Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

are they average size?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies
My kids sizes seem to be a bit different from their classmates. My oldest is 9 she is 4ft5in and 72 lbs she seems to be the right size to me but is smaller then her friends. My second born my only son is 7 he is 4ft7in 82lbs he isnt fat but very solid he is the biggest in his class (height wise) and his friends are all so short next to him. My one 4yr (twin A) is 3ft8in and weighs 40lbs she is smaller then most kids in her class but there are a couple bigger then her. My other 4yo (twin B) is 3ft6in and weighs 31lbs she is the smallest in her class. All of my kids eat the same food. All food is portioned for their age. I dont allow more then one snack a day and if they want seconds at meals they can only have extra veggies. How on earth are their sizes so different? They all have the same dad so its not from different genes. If i compare their growth charts at the same ages those are all very different. They were all about the same birth length and weight with the smallest being 5lbs12oz 19in long and the biggest being 6lbs9oz 20in long. Are they normal size for their ages? Are your kids about the same size as the rest of your kids at the same age?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 10, 2013 at 8:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jiffypop2207
by Silver Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:00 PM
I don't know how tall he is but my almost 7yo weighs 40lbs
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
VarelaClan
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:01 PM
They seem big to me. My 12 year old is 4'9" and weights 70something. My 9 (almost 10) year old is 4'6" and 64lbs. My 5 (almost 6) year old is 41" and 34lbs. My 2 1/2 year old is 33in & 22lbs. 3 of my children are considered small by charts. My 9 year old is the only "average" one.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:08 PM
Quoting VarelaClan:

They seem big to me. My 12 year old is 4'9" and weights 70something. My 9 (almost 10) year old is 4'6" and 64lbs. My 5 (almost 6) year old is 41" and 34lbs. My 2 1/2 year old is 33in & 22lbs. 3 of my children are considered small by charts. My 9 year old is the only "average" one.

They all look perfect size maybe a little big to me except (twin B) she is tiny to the point her ribs and hip bones show. We just moved here and all the kids are very overweight (my 7yo's friend looks like he weighs more then me) and short or tall and normal size. Maybe its just the area we are in.
bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:10 PM

my kids are in hte taller range for thier age group, but on the skinner side.

louiegirl62
by Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:13 PM

I don't know, I only have a monsterous 13 yo boy, he weighs about 150 and is 5'6"!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:17 PM
Quoting louiegirl62:

I don't know, I only have a monsterous 13 yo boy, he weighs about 150 and is 5'6"!

Holy crap what r you feeding him!!! Jk. The dr estimate my son to be about 6'3 and 225 by the age of 20 based on his growth chart. At 13 he may make your son look small :) im only 5'3 so he will be bigger then me in no time.
weaveress
by Silver Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:18 PM

my oldest is 5'3" at 11 yrs old, she weights about 85 lbs. she is probably the tallest kid in her class. 

my son is 4'1", about 60lbs. he is among the shortest in his class. 

Sj218
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:21 PM
Lol.. My 9yo is 4ft 4in and only weighs 54 pounds. Your kids sound normal, mine on the other hand, is scrawny.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:26 PM
Quoting Sj218:

Lol.. My 9yo is 4ft 4in and only weighs 54 pounds. Your kids sound normal, mine on the other hand, is scrawny.

I think maybe its just the area. Most people here are on the larger side. I haven't seen a gym and the closest Y is almost an hr away in the next state. Im just not use to it i guess.
Roo1234
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:29 PM
But it is different genes. .. just because they have the same parent didn't mean the genes combined in the exact same way. They are unique individuals. Instead oof comparing them amongst themselves or with others, rejoice that they are all healthy and active.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN