Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

NIght out...right or wrong?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 27 Replies
Being a full time working mom is sometimes hard. How many of you take a girls night out or night out with your s/o? I have not gone out in over 5 years since I was pregnant with my first born. This "new year" I told myself that going out wouldn't be bad I mean mommy deserves to have fun too right? I have yet to go out makes me feel a little guilty that my babies will be home asleep while I'm out and about. Of course they will be safe and sound with my mother but what if they wake up in the middle of the night asking for me and I'm not there. :( idk, what are your opinions on "going out"?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 10, 2013 at 8:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:00 PM
I think everyone needs and deserves adult time
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
areyouatroll
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:01 PM
Go out. Have two drinks. Didn't your mom go out when you were young? Didnt you have fun at sleepovers?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ElitestJen
2 moms liked this

Going out occasionally is fine.  Your kids need a break just as much as you do.  They'll be fine.

mary841108

i think its fine as long as its not an every night thing. once in a while is needed for sanity lol

mysticalmalissa
by Platinum Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:02 PM

We go out every friday night. :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:02 PM

My husband and I have a weekly date night. We go out for 2 hours and are home in time to do bedtime routine. It lets us connect and not feel guilty! 

Lizardannie1966
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:03 PM
1 mom liked this

An every now and then night out (or hell...even a routine one night a week or month) for a Mom or dad is a good thing IMO.

Healthy to get away for a while, stretch your legs (so to speak) and be reminded that you are more than a Mom.

You're an individual, too.

jillbailey26
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:04 PM

I'm going out to dinner for a girl's night out with a few friends tomorrow.  I went out with another friend last week.  It's nice to sit and cluck it up.  If your kids wake up while you're not there, do you think your mom can't handle it?

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

Kennadismom
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:04 PM
Being a full time working mom is hard! I don't see anything wrong with going out every now and then. I don't go out much maybe every other month. When I do Dh is normally with me and dd stays at either one of our parents houses for the night. I keep my phone on me the entire time. When I go out I allow myself to have a few drinks but don't get like sloppy wasted (unless its my birthday lol) I just hate having a hangover and I get hungover very easily. You need to have some time to be you mama!
bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:05 PM

adult time is fine as long as it isn't full time and as long as the children are taken care of.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)