Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Please spay and neuter your pets !!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 133 Replies
6 moms liked this

I am a dog groomer , I started volunteer  work for a local animal rescue group , I enjoy helping homeless animals find homes , but it also makes me sick . Some of these poor animals are so neglected they have come from puppy mills and lived in cages their whole life , they don't even know how to be dogs , they are so terrified to be out they don't know what to do I don't even think some have ever felt grass , these poor dogs are the product of bad breeding and have many health problems .Please don't buy from puppy mills ! If you want to buy a pet please use a reputable breeder , there are so many stray unwanted animals why not adopt ? Give a animal a chance to be loved , and PLEASE SPAY & NEUTER , it's the most helpful way to prevent over population of unwanted animals 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:47 PM

Anyone ?

MrS.GiFFord
by Platinum Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:49 PM

I know all of this...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:50 PM

I don't think you have to spay and neuter your pets to be a good pet owner.  However, all my future pets (don't currently have any) will either be from a breeder or shelter.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:58 PM

Why do you think that?

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't think you have to spay and neuter your pets to be a good pet owner.  However, all my future pets (don't currently have any) will either be from a breeder or shelter.

SalemWitchChild
by Blessed be on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:05 PM

My collie is spayed. However I haven't always had it done. A lot of myths still survive with spay and neutering.

I do believe in waiting till the dog is matured to at least a year before its done. I've seen too many dogs have complications from a spay. I just feel safer to wait till they are 1 yr.

wkukid
by Ocean Wave on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:05 PM

They came that way :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:08 PM

Atleast it's getting done

Quoting SalemWitchChild:

My collie is spayed. However I haven't always had it done. A lot of myths still survive with spay and neutering.

I do believe in waiting till the dog is matured to at least a year before its done. I've seen too many dogs have complications from a spay. I just feel safer to wait till they are 1 yr.

lovinmykiddo07
by Ruby Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Sadly the people who NEED to read this, probably won't. 

Or if they do, they aren't going to take it seriously. 

We bought our Savannah from a reputable breeder and got him neutered (even tho he is sterile). 

thetrollcat
by Meow on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:11 PM

I hear meow, people should have their privates kicked for being careless owners.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:13 PM

Sadly you are probably right , should I retitle the post ?

Quoting lovinmykiddo07:

Sadly the people who NEED to read this, probably won't. 

Or if they do, they aren't going to take it seriously. 

We bought our Savannah from a reputable breeder and got him neutered (even tho he is sterile). 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)