Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I think it's sad that....

Posted by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:58 PM
  • 52 Replies
I wonder how many people know that there was yet another school shooting in California today at a high school. There were no deaths and the shooter has been taken into custody. The media could give a shit because there was no massacre. There was one wounded student taken to the hospital. It upsets me how blood hungry and drama hungry the media is.

Why does this keep happening? What school is next?
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
beachbabies6
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:59 PM

It's sick

melisawoosley
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:00 PM
I read about it on yahoo, and i agree with the pp. Its sick.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hddcooper
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:01 PM
I heard about it but I listen to AM talk radio. Seems like maybe this kid had a direct target. Said a teacher talked him down. The world has gone crazy. My dd is so scared now because they have been doing intruder drills at school since returning from break.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xtina8817
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:01 PM
I heard about it on all 3 news stations my parents watch...we live in indiana
Logan_Bellasmom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:02 PM

Actually i knew about it within 30min. It was on the news and a few posts on here about it. But taft is a small town. I live 20 mins from there. Hell its on the front page of cnn

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:04 PM
I read about it here in this group.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:04 PM
I heard about it from another post on here earler.
amyleigh80
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:06 PM
I just don't understand why this keeps happening? I am 32 and up until when Columbine happened I never even heard of school shootings! What was so different up until that point? Why are kids killing kids? I was bullied. I was sort of isolated up until my junior year in high school. I hated going to school but never did I once think about harming anyone? And what ever happened the good old fashioned fist fight? That is not good either but it is definatly a better alternative to shooting someone!
blessedmommy85
by Emerald Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:06 PM
Do you live in Bakersfield?

Quoting Logan_Bellasmom:

Actually i knew about it within 30min. It was on the news and a few posts on here about it. But taft is a small town. I live 20 mins from there. Hell its on the front page of cnn

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
samanthastaatss
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:07 PM

I know right, this is exactly how I feel. I was trying to think of a solution and I honestly can't think of anything. It's honestly terrifying to think how often it occurs these days.

Quoting amyleigh80:

I just don't understand why this keeps happening? I am 32 and up until when Columbine happened I never even heard of school shootings! What was so different up until that point? Why are kids killing kids? I was bullied. I was sort of isolated up until my junior year in high school. I hated going to school but never did I once think about harming anyone? And what ever happened the good old fashioned fist fight? That is not good either but it is definatly a better alternative to shooting someone!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN