Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How did you decide on your tattoo?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Hi Ladies,

I want to get a tattoo! I have found this amazing tattoo place that has a 6 month waiting list for tattoos. The artists are amazing and do beautiful work. So, I have time to decide on what I want, but I have no idea on what to get!

I know the tattoo will either be on my upper shoulder, upper back, or rib cage. Otherwise I don't know what I want.

How did you decide on what to get?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 10, 2013 at 11:43 PM
Replies (11-20):
SpiritedWitch
by Froggie on Jan. 11, 2013 at 12:11 AM

I thought about them long and hard before getting them. My first one was specially drawn just for me by a dear artist friend of mine. Second was a custom tweak on a triquetra that the tattoo artist had done before. Third one, the tattoo artist and I tweaked a tribal sun ... matches hubby's except mine has a kanji that says "husband" and he has one that says "wife". The fourth one, searched long and hard to find the perfect frog. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 11, 2013 at 12:12 AM

I put a butterfly temp tat on, my ex told me to kneel in front of him, and he started poking the outline of the butterfly (he was working on a tat for a friend at the time). By the time I figured out what he was doing, I let him finish.

shortychelle
by Bronze Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 12:17 AM

i only have 1, its a lighthouse with a scripture reference and my dads birthday and day he died on it. i knew what i wanted but took me 3 years to find the right lighthouse. the scripture is one that helped me through my dad passing away

Devious333
by Ruby Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 12:20 AM
I'd love to get a few tats that have meaning but I have no idea what I would get. I would have gotten one by now if I knew wtf I wanted lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
weaveress
by Silver Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 12:20 AM

i went with something that meant something to me because its pretty permanent. i have a butterfly representing each of my children's souls. and their names. except my baby, i havent got a chance to get hers yet. i plan on getting a memorial one for my brotherinlaw and one for my bestfriend too. 

KaylasMama11
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 12:20 AM

omg i got tattoos young and i look at thm now and i regret it and im always like wtf was i thinking?????? ah i got one on my hand on my left hand and its my ring hand so i hate that i will have a beautiful ring on day and show it off to people with a damn butterly on my hand. lol i got my name on my lower back with a tyibal it is so dumb idk why i would get my own damn name wtf did i think id forget it or something lol than for one on my ower stomach after i had the baby its so fuked up now. what ever you want to get make sure that you will love it years from now. something that is meaningful aand that will always matter to you. and also in a place that everry one can see because when your old it will not look right at all lol

Ajanee12
by That's What She Said on Jan. 11, 2013 at 12:22 AM
1 mom liked this

It isnt 100% what i wanted. I gave the artist my design and he put his spin on it. I am not christian, but my sister was and at only 9  ( i was 11 at the time) she was religious. So The cross is for her. I wanted angel wings but not traditional ones.

The artist thought i was crazy for going so big on my first one. Go big or go home i say lol. I have a half sleve planned next.

Charliesmommy11
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 12:27 AM
The first one I got was on the back of my neck , it's a small star. It didn't hurt and I picked a star because I love them. The second was a skull and crossbones with a big pink bow and some more stars , that one is in between my shoulder blades and the only thing I remember hurting on that was the shading. I picked that because I thought the drawing was cute and decided to change it up a little and add stars.

One on my ankle is a Chinese symbol for the word eternal love. It has a big message behind it and Dh and I picked it out of a translation book , his is on his wrist. The one on my right shoulder blade is a breast cancer ribbon wrapped around a diamond with stars along the edges for my grandmother.

My favorite piece is a pirate ship on the outside of my left calf , it's not colored yet and yep it has stars in it as well , I love nautical things so eventually all my tattoos will be tied into a nautical theme.

I picked all of mine because I liked the way they looked and they have meaning to me.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Charliesmommy11
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 12:29 AM

They need color touch ups. Badly lol
Charliesmommy11
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 12:30 AM

Not colored in yet.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN