Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

cutting, need help!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies
I found out that a friends dd of mine is cutting. (She is 14) I asked her why she is doing that, and she told me it was to help another friend quit cutting. She said she told him that every time he cut, she would too. She also said her friend would kill himself if anyone else found out. I'm really worried about her and her friend. Should I tell her mother, or what? I honestly don't know what to do.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 10, 2013 at 11:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
model1000mom
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 11:48 PM

As a mother I would be upset if you knew and didnt tell me so I could help my child. You really should tell her mother. Yes she will be mad at you and so will your DD but you are a parent first and foremost.

bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Jan. 10, 2013 at 11:49 PM

I would offer support and teach her how to clean her (and his wounds) properly. I would also get information for her, to pass on to him, about cutting and how to stop/heal

MAXnBRYCESMomma
by Silver Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 11:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Ok, I hate to sound like a bitch, but that girl is being stupid. People who cut do it to help with pain. She is not helping that boy by doing it when he does it, that will not help him stop cutting. Her parents need to be told imho. I am a cutter, I understand why people do it. She is being stupid, a. it won't help him stop, and b. if he cared about her, he would not tell her he was still doing it, or attempt to stop before she hurt herself.

~Annie~

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 10, 2013 at 11:53 PM
BUMP!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 10, 2013 at 11:54 PM

If the mom was an understanding type person, maybe?  Otherwise, just let it be, usually just a phase.  Tell her you are there for her-and be there.  But, other than that...meh.  Cutting is a stress release mechanism for some.  Just like drinking and smoking.  I was a cutter for 7 years.  Was hospitalized twice for it, but that never helped.  The only thing that did was having a baby and realizing I needed to get my act together.  I never would have killed myself though, I don't think cutting is always a pre-cursor to worse things.  It worked for me.  I needed it at that time. 

428pm
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 11:55 PM
1 mom liked this

tell her.  It can be addictive, and she could have lied to proptect herself.  TELL.

AidansMomMom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 11:57 PM
1 mom liked this

This is ridiculous! LOL. usually just a phase? Usually doesn't mean shit. There could be an accident where one of them cuts too deep and accidentally kills themselves, or just does it on purpose. Tell her parents, don't be an idiot .

Quoting Anonymous:

If the mom was an understanding type person, maybe?  Otherwise, just let it be, usually just a phase.  Tell her you are there for her-and be there.  But, other than that...meh.  Cutting is a stress release mechanism for some.  Just like drinking and smoking.  I was a cutter for 7 years.  Was hospitalized twice for it, but that never helped.  The only thing that did was having a baby and realizing I needed to get my act together.  I never would have killed myself though, I don't think cutting is always a pre-cursor to worse things.  It worked for me.  I needed it at that time. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)