Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Hate this feeling :(

Posted by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 12:26 AM
  • 9 Replies
So i've never really had any expensive jewelry. My wedding ring was $99 at kohl's. It fit me at the time but now is too big since I lost weight so I hardly wear it for fear of losing it. I don't think it can be resized :( I was just looking at rings, thinking maybe I could order something nice in a smaller size. The ones I like are way out of budget, but i'd really like something nice. No lie, we can't afford anything right now. He works full time and I work two part time jobs while going to school full time and we can barely make it :( is it wrong of me to want something nice, like a real wedding ring? I just wish we could afford one of the nice ones.

Sorry, I just had to get this off my chest. My hubby works so hard to provide for us at a job he hates. He wants to get me nice things now and then but we just can't afford it, and it sucks :(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 12:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Cassie2115
by Silver Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 12:30 AM
Bump
Snapdragon88
by Platinum Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 12:33 AM
I'm sure one day he will :) He probably thinks about it too. I have a beautiful engagement ring but we couldn't afford the band that goes with it. One day...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2hadley
by Heather on Jan. 11, 2013 at 12:34 AM
I hope things get better for you soon :)
me-n-mygirls
by Silver Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 12:35 AM
try looking on ebay or craigslist or pawn shop.......used but cheaper.
or wait--it will happen.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cassie2115
by Silver Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 8:54 AM
Bump
momsince04
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 8:56 AM
No there's nothing wrong w that. I'm sure we all would love to have something better. My ring isn't enormous, or flashy, but I have a ring. Don't feel guilty, I just wouldn't say anything in front of him.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 11, 2013 at 8:57 AM

Its not wrong everyone wants something nice at some point in their life.

I would look at walmart I got mine from there and its 10k white gold with a 1/2 carat in it. They have layaway so you can make payments every week, two weeks, or monthly.

If anything wait till you get your taxes back and get it then or start saving one or two dollars every paycheck.

Also look on craigslist too.

CuriousArentYa
by Platinum Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 8:59 AM

It's not wrong at all. Sometimes wanting more, pushes us to excel. Heads up, you will dig yourself out of this rut. 

arctophile
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:53 AM

Quoting me-n-mygirls:

try looking on ebay or craigslist or pawn shop.......used but cheaper.
or wait--it will happen.

This is my suggestion as well.  When DH and I got married, we were so incredibly broke.  My wedding set came from a garage sale for $25.  It was 10K gold with the tiniest diamond chip you ever saw!  But, it gave me something.  8 years later, the entire mounting fell off while I was out running errands.  I realized it at the end f the day, so it was just gone!  I was so heartsick because it meant so much to me no matter what it cost.  DH immediately went into action.  He and I started searching for something to replace it.  We found a set I loved at a local pawn shop.  It would have been a steal of a deal at what it was priced, but with a sale and his customer loyalty card, we saved almost 1/2 of what it was marked!  It is a beautiful white gold set with interlocking bands and stone you can actually see, lol.  I absolutely love it and never take it off. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Photobucket

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)