Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Tollhouse cookies are a waste of money! *edit* *edit w/pic pg 9*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 177 Replies

Yep. I said it. I will never waste money on anything toll house again. I have tried making the pre packaged cookie dough and making my own from their recipe, everytime they turn out like shit. They are a waste of time and money. The cookies on the bottom are cooked per the instructions (THE TOLLHOUSE). The cookies on top, in the pan, are my own homemade cookies. I bought the digorno pizza party pack for my sons first sleepover and luckily had my own cookie dough because you can see how perfectly the toll house cookies did NOT turn out (I don't mind them being all "melted" together, but they were hard as a rock once cooled). I am so disappointed. Atleast mom came to the rescue with perfect extra chocolate chip cookies!

Edit- I'm not doing anything wrong. I've tried many different ways of making these brand of cookies. Different times and temps. Each time they are like this or still doughy and gross. Obviously I can bake or my cookies would have been ruined too. I hate toll house. They are the spawn of Satan and should burn in cookie hell for all eternity. That is just my opinion. If you can bake them and like how they turn out, good for you. Enjoy your Satan cookies. I will enjoy my perfect cookies.

Edit #2 the toll house I baked were pre packaged. Not from the back of the chocolate chip bag. MY cookies were homemade.

Edit #3 the cookies in the pan are my own homemade recipe. They are perfect. Pic of one cut open to show you they are not raw, on page 9 of replies.

Edit- my recipe is somewhere in the early pages of replies for those who want it!
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 11, 2013 at 12:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 11, 2013 at 12:31 AM
8 moms liked this
Clearly you are doing it wrong. Tollhouse is amazing!!
mom2priceboys
by Gold Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 12:31 AM

I think you cooked them too long or too hot cuz the tollhouse recipe on the back of the bag turns out great. One of my friends uses the gold metal flour recipe and she prefers that

kelly617
by Platinum Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 12:32 AM

The only "pre-made" cookie dough I like is the Otis Sputmeyer (I know I spelled it wrong) that you can get at costco....comes in a box of like 72...but you can make one or all of them..they come out AWESOME every time

Country_Momma89
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 12:32 AM

My tollhouse cookies never turn out like that. *Shrugs* Homemade are always best though!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 11, 2013 at 12:33 AM
Uh. You left them in too long. Lol. You have to take them out right as you see the Brown on top. Lmao! User error!!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 11, 2013 at 12:34 AM
You cooked them to long, I love tollhouse!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 11, 2013 at 12:34 AM
You do realize the package instructions say ovens may very...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 11, 2013 at 12:34 AM
I cooked them exactly as the instructions said. 10mins at 375. I have NEVER had a toll house cookie turn out right. The last time I made the recipe on the back of the bag, they turned out hard as candy and melted like it too.

Quoting mom2priceboys:

I think you cooked them too long or too hot cuz the tollhouse recipe on the back of the bag turns out great. One of my friends uses the gold metal flour recipe and she prefers that

romanceparty4u
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 12:35 AM

sorry, I just get a random choc chip cookie recipe. toll house are flat and greasy IMO

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 11, 2013 at 12:35 AM
I hate toll house. Won't ever use it their cookie dough ever again. Ever.

Quoting Anonymous:

Clearly you are doing it wrong. Tollhouse is amazing!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)