Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

18 hours.

Posted by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 3:06 AM
  • 19 Replies

And I'm still going strong. Caffiene is a wonderful thing when you have a sick kiddo at home. My poor LO has the flu and its stressing me out something fierce. Her temp will NOT go below 101*, and the lowest its been today was 101.3, and that was almost 12 hours ago! She had an episode where her temp went up to 103.8, and I put her in a lukewarm bath, which helped a little bit, but since then her temp has stayed at 101.

How dangerous is that? Is that a serious temp to be stuck at? Every site that I have Googled said to seek immediate medical attention. I'm having to literally remind her to drink fluids ( she has a cup full of Gatorade and water sitting beside her  ). She doesn't even have the energy to go to the bathroom. I had to almost carry her in there a while ago so she could pee. She did pee a normal amount though so I don't think she is dehydrated.

My main concern is the temp issue. How high is too high? Is 101 or higher a dangerous temp to be stuck at for almost 12 hours?

DD is 7 years old, and I am alternating Tylenol and Advil, and she has a cool cloth on her head that I am keeping damp with cool water every few minutes.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 3:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jan. 11, 2013 at 3:08 AM

Just keeping alternating Tylenol and Motrin. If her temp is still high in the morning....I would take her to the pediatrican...GL

kjfamily
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 3:09 AM
101 is not dangerous. What your doing is fine. Go to the doc tomorrow.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maryjmom
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 3:12 AM

I took her to the doctor early this morning, and she was diagnosed with the flu then.

Quoting Sassy762:

Just keeping alternating Tylenol and Motrin. If her temp is still high in the morning....I would take her to the pediatrican...GL

Mrs.Fus29
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 3:13 AM
I hope she feels better soon, so both of you can get some rest
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 11, 2013 at 3:13 AM
Youre doing fine. What can actually break a fever is a luke warm bath with vineger. My ds had a fever and a family member suggested it and his fever was down in a hour. I just got over the flu my fever sat between 101-103 for 48hrs.
StrawberryCool
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 3:15 AM
If its the flu dont bother calling doctor back.

Nothing they can do about it.

Motrin and tyonel.

Lukewarm baths and humidifer
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
maryjmom
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 3:16 AM

I always thought if your fever got that high, you needed the ER. Everything I've Googled said the same thing, especially for a child of DD's age.

Quoting Anonymous:

Youre doing fine. What can actually break a fever is a luke warm bath with vineger. My ds had a fever and a family member suggested it and his fever was down in a hour. I just got over the flu my fever sat between 101-103 for 48hrs.

cjsix
by Platinum Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 3:17 AM

Her temp should be fine Momma,as long as she is comfortable etc...the fever is her body fighting what is making her sick.

emptyreliquary
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 3:18 AM

Its a safe temp as far as I know, I think the temperature actually helps fight off the bug. I would keep putting cool wet rags on her head though, thats a great way to help her from getting too hot. Also, i guess it depends on how old she is. The younger they are the more care about temperatures...

maryjmom
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 3:19 AM

I just don't want anything to happen to her. I always over react when she gets sick, and people always tell me to just calm down, but DD is my only child, and I would die if anything ever happened to her.

Quoting cjsix:

Her temp should be fine Momma,as long as she is comfortable etc...the fever is her body fighting what is making her sick.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN