Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm worried my dd is a bully

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies

She said she dreams of being popular, and she thinks she has a lot of friends, but she's not sure. I know for a fact she is loved and adored, she hangs out with older kids - we'll be walking down the street and someone will stop her and run and give her a huge hug and, "I haven't seen you since Friday!" even though it'll only be like the weekend. Yet, she'll come crying to me that no one likes her. One day she spent the whole day breaking down and crying saying she has no friends - I had to take her out to visit some friends to distract her from herself she seemed so depressed. 

Anyway, after the wanting to be popular comment, she said she plays a game with a girls she's known for a long time where she's calling her names oh god either i took it the wrong way and put words in her mouth but I asked if she calls her names or if her friend still talks to her. She ran to her room crying and slammed her door. I feel like i'm doing this all wrong. I'm  shitty ass parent :( Her and her sister usually 'sleepover' but tonight they're in their own seperate rooms and I feel soo bad. I told her if she makes fun of people she won't have any friends but what if I'm wrong. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 11, 2013 at 6:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 11, 2013 at 6:08 AM

She's only six. She also said a couple nights ago some fucked up shit..that i can use the internet to show off my boobs to friends and family. OMG who the fuck has been feeding my child this garbage and I swear it's not me or myy bf :( he doesn't get time alone with her. i don't have proof but she could be remembering exposure from her female hormone loving father :(

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 11, 2013 at 6:12 AM
It sounds like she's hanging out with some bad kids and wants to feel accepted so she's going along. Tell her that people like that will just bring her down and get her in trouble that she just needs to be herself. If someone can't accept her for who she is then they're not her friends.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ButterMeUp
by Butters on Jan. 11, 2013 at 6:13 AM
When I was younger, my friends and I picked on eachother and play fought I'm the bathroom at school lol. No real harm was ever done. Even at that age we know boundaries. She may not be doing anything wrong, just play close attention to how they act around eachother. Your DD is in the early stabbed of attention whoring. She may just have a low self esteem problem she needs help to correct. Attention whores tend to become real whores. Get her help before she gets a name for herself.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
thetrollcat
by Meow on Jan. 11, 2013 at 6:14 AM

how old and what grade?

If this is 5th-9th grade, totally normal

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 11, 2013 at 6:15 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

T sonds like she's hanging out with some bad kids and wants to feel accepted so she's going along. Tell her that people like that will just bring her down and get her in trouble that she just needs to be herself. If someone can't accept her for who she is then they're not her friends.

I really hope not god think these momma's think a toddler's hard to deal with omg this social thing is a whole new level. Her saying that her 'dream is to be popular' is scary because that means she wants to do anything to be accepted. So far it seems she hangs out with Gr. 2 max it still seems innocent but I'm so scared I just want her to be little for just a bit longer. I haven't given her the most innocent child hood but i've tried my damn best. I want her to be loved for who she is and I don't want to ruin who she is due to my own depression :(

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 11, 2013 at 6:18 AM

Quoting ButterMeUp:

When I was younger, my friends and I picked on eachother and play fought I'm the bathroom at school lol. No real harm was ever done. Even at that age we know boundaries. She may not be doing anything wrong, just play close attention to how they act around eachother. Your DD is in the early stabbed of attention whoring. She may just have a low self esteem problem she needs help to correct. Attention whores tend to become real whores. Get her help before she gets a name for herself.

you know, I never liked you, I thought you were a total bitch, I mean, TBH, right? But I see where you're coming from, I see my daughter laying down flat for people to walk all over her, and this is real advice. I want to say THANK YOU. She needs help. She shows signs of depression, and she worries me with some of the shit that comes out of her mouth. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 11, 2013 at 6:26 AM
I didn't know she was 6 until after I posted my comment, I thought she was older. That's sad that children this young are acting like this, but in a way it's good for you that she's this young because she's not in those rebellious years. It sounds like these kids are pressuring her to do things she doesn't want to do. She needs to know that being pOpular isn't always a good thing and SHE doesn't need to be popular to be happy and have good friends. I think you need to monitor who she's hanging out with and let the school know about this so they can monitor the behavior of these kids. Just let her know that she's beautiful and loved and that's all that matters. That she should never do or say anything that is wrong because it's bad.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

T sonds like she's hanging out with some bad kids and wants to feel accepted so she's going along. Tell her that people like that will just bring her down and get her in trouble that she just needs to be herself. If someone can't accept her for who she is then they're not her friends.

I really hope not god think these momma's think a toddler's hard to deal with omg this social thing is a whole new level. Her saying that her 'dream is to be popular' is scary because that means she wants to do anything to be accepted. So far it seems she hangs out with Gr. 2 max it still seems innocent but I'm so scared I just want her to be little for just a bit longer. I haven't given her the most innocent child hood but i've tried my damn best. I want her to be loved for who she is and I don't want to ruin who she is due to my own depression :(

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 11, 2013 at 6:32 AM

the landlords daughter hangs out with her at school she's in gr 3 she's a cool kid but she confided in me that she's in therapy for sexual assault and I couldn't help but but my arms up. I love this kid and I hope she's not hurting mine, but she came over one day and they were playing 'bloody mary' and FUCK ever heard your kid say 'she killed 9 people'? out of that tiny little mouth? My baby's innocence is slipping away. She even brought up homeschooling today. On her account, she started the conversation. I told her I homeschooled, when she asked, I said, yes I did, from Grades 2 - 4'. If she wants out, I will honor that. If she can't handle the masses, I'll do anything to help her. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 11, 2013 at 6:39 AM

Quoting ButterMeUp:

???WTF you cant be serious. She's 6 not 16, I dont think she's on her way to become a whore. She probably has been misguided a little yet but her mom is helping her find her way . Glad your not my mother.

connietrrll
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 7:16 AM

I think a lot of what you are talking about is normal for her age. I had 3 kids. All 3 did the same. My stepdaughter also did the same. She has 4 kids. They also have or are doing the same things. Things like saying no one likes me, or I have no friends. Saying all the kids hate me in my in school. I use that time to remind them how they feel when they are calling others names!

A lot of parents never recognize those things and never do anything about them, and that is where things go wrong. You are doing great, trying to correct the situation early on! Kudos to you!!!!

As far as getting depressed you may want to discuss that with her pediatrician. That could be signs of something they need to know about! If he/she does not do anything about it bring to the attention of her teacher. Ask them for some references, also ask them if they have seen any behaviors that you should be concerned about! As they say. Have all your ducks in a row!

There is nothing wrong with her wanting to be popular. There is something wrong with her thinking she can be mean to be popular. My daughters (step and bio) were both very popular. But, they were not mean to people, unless they were defending themselves or their friends!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)