Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

stupid f^^king school district!!! UPDATE!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 88 Replies

Poll

Question: am i right to want to keep my kids academics unchanged through the end of the year?

Options:

yes

no

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 67

View Results

my children have been in the same school since day one. we moved but we are still within the school district, it just falls under a different elementary school. today i have to go argue to keep my kids in their current school through the end of the school year. my children have always been transported to and from school by me. i planned on moving them to  the new school at the beginning of the new school year. what fucking right do they have to make my kids move schools in the middle of the year? this is bullshit. to top it off, i own land in the school area that they are currently in. i pay taxes for that school. i have fucking had it this morning! 

update......................the exception was approved and my children will continue attending their current school until the end of the year.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:14 AM
1 mom liked this
you shouldn't have told them you moved yet.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:15 AM

I am confused.  Are you saying that you moved to another house and are now not in the right boundaries for your current school?

RLT2
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:16 AM

They'll probably let you keep them in the same school. Just be reasonable and keep your calm in the meeting. Good Luck

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:16 AM
3 moms liked this

you could play hard ball.  Imply that if your children aren't able to stay in that school until the end of the year, that you will put them in private school.  The district will then have to provide transportation and districts don't like having to pay money for shit like that......

afwifeandmommy3
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:16 AM
If you have land you shouldn't . If you don't you should have to move them
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
notjstasocermom
by Emerald Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:16 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

I am confused.  Are you saying that you moved to another house and are now not in the right boundaries for your current school?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:17 AM
Called open enrollment here. As long as YOU provide transportation it's no big deal. We lived 30 min away from the school my son went to last year for preschool. Open enrolled him. Drive him 3 times a week to preschool. Got moved his summer so he's still in the same school with the same kids:)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:17 AM

No they don't.  First of all, schools do NOT have to provide transportation at all.  It's a courtesy.  Second, if you are out of boundaries or go to a private, then YOU have to provide the transportation.

Quoting Anonymous:

you could play hard ball.  Imply that if your children aren't able to stay in that school until the end of the year, that you will put them in private school.  The district will then have to provide transportation and districts don't like having to pay money for shit like that......

vanellope
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:18 AM
I'm moving, literally, across the street and my ds is going to have to change schools mid year. The school he is in now is zoned for both addresses. The kicker is that because my child is "vacating" a seat, he has to go to the end of the waiting list for this school and a child from the wait list will have to change from THEIR current school to take my ds's seat. It's absurd.
invisibleme
by Platinum Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:19 AM
You should have cleared it before moving.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)