Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Working Mama's or non working who deal with the money!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

How much gets taken out of your paycheck (or SO's weekly in taxes)

I make $820 a week and bring home $ 550 of that. Thats 270$ a week!

Thats over a thousand dollars a month..

I know its neccessary, not trying to start a debate. Its just crazy to do the math.

I need to find a magical land with no taxes... 820$ a week! that would be amazing! lol

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:14 AM
Replies (11-20):
shellbelle4
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:42 AM

Even more annoying to me is that my DH is a fed employee who doesn't get to withdrawal SS when he's older but he still has to pay into it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting shellbelle4:

Our pay is similar, it's maddening.  You can thank all those who voted Obama.

Quoting Anonymous:

an appalling amount!  I got paid this morning.  I get paid every other week:

Fed income taxes 1290.51

Medicare 109.31

SS 467.38

That's 1867.20 to the federal govt.  except for SS, which maxes out, that's 26 times a year.  So yes, those getting the EIC and denying that they aren't getting a gift from the rest of us are full of shit.

Plus 115.47 to the state for income taxes, 6.01 to the state that I work in (for unemployment) and 263.35 to the city that I work in for their income taxes.

So much for having worked hard in school and gotten a good job.  All it gets you is the right to support others.

Yep.  It's disgusting.

mom_dl6
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:44 AM

*SIGH* on this topic :0(

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:44 AM

Quoting shellbelle4:

Even more annoying to me is that my DH is a fed employee who doesn't get to withdrawal SS when he's older but he still has to pay into it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting shellbelle4:

Quoting Anonymous:

Fed income taxes 1290.51

Medicare 109.31

SS 467.38

That's 1867.20 to the federal govt.  except for SS, which maxes out, that's 26 times a year.  So yes, those getting the EIC and denying that they aren't getting a gift from the rest of us are full of shit.

Plus 115.47 to the state for income taxes, 6.01 to the state that I work in (for unemployment) and 263.35 to the city that I work in for their income taxes.

So much for having worked hard in school and gotten a good job.  All it gets you is the right to support others.

Yep.  It's disgusting.

I guess that's where they get the money to pay certain ex's an amout equal to the beneficiary's, without reducing the beneficiary's amount!  That discussion on here the other day was rather enlightening. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:44 AM

I gross $2150 twice a month.  I net $1868.52.  No insurance or anything out of my check.  So, that's $562.96/month in taxes.  $234.00 is Federal withholding.

I don't have the particulars of my husband's check with me.

Kitschy
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:46 AM

Just under 1500 a month. But we claim 1 instead of 3.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:46 AM

We pay around $10,000 a month in federal, state, local, and property  taxes. We make around $20,000 a month. 

shellbelle4
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:46 AM

They do WHAT?!  You've got be kidding me.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting shellbelle4:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting shellbelle4:

Quoting Anonymous:

Fed income taxes 1290.51

Medicare 109.31

SS 467.38

Yep.  It's disgusting.

I guess that's where they get the money to pay certain ex's an amout equal to the beneficiary's, without reducing the beneficiary's amount!  That discussion on here the other day was rather enlightening. 

Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:47 AM
3 moms liked this

Come on.  If you have $109.31 taken out for SS, you are grossing $7538.62.  A week?  That's at LEAST $15,077.24/month, sometimes $22,615.86.  That's awesome that you make that much, but you want people to feel bad for you?

Quoting Anonymous:

Fed income taxes 1290.51

Medicare 109.31

SS 467.38

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:48 AM
Between insurance, taxes, retirement, and SS my husband has $3085 taken out of each check. He is paid every other week. So, that is roughly $6170 per month that we don't see (insurance and retirement are for our benefit on the whole, however).
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:50 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

All you bitching about taxes, stay off the roads. Don't call 911. Your kids better be in private school!!
We all benefit.
As for EIC, that's such a small portion of where taxes go.
Your bitching makes you look ignorant.

It all add ups.  Your inability to understand basic math makes you look stupid.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)