Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Working Mama's or non working who deal with the money!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

How much gets taken out of your paycheck (or SO's weekly in taxes)

I make $820 a week and bring home $ 550 of that. Thats 270$ a week!

Thats over a thousand dollars a month..

I know its neccessary, not trying to start a debate. Its just crazy to do the math.

I need to find a magical land with no taxes... 820$ a week! that would be amazing! lol

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:14 AM
Replies (141-150):
shellbelle4
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 8:03 AM

1,000 or 9.....yeah, same difference.

Quoting areles:

that is nonsense...

but on the other hand, our taxes are paying his salary. and he gets a thousand holidays a year. so. ;)

Quoting shellbelle4:

Even more annoying to me is that my DH is a fed employee who doesn't get to withdrawal SS when he's older but he still has to pay into it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting shellbelle4:

Our pay is similar, it's maddening.  You can thank all those who voted Obama.

Quoting Anonymous:

an appalling amount!  I got paid this morning.  I get paid every other week:

Fed income taxes 1290.51

Medicare 109.31

SS 467.38

That's 1867.20 to the federal govt.  except for SS, which maxes out, that's 26 times a year.  So yes, those getting the EIC and denying that they aren't getting a gift from the rest of us are full of shit.

Plus 115.47 to the state for income taxes, 6.01 to the state that I work in (for unemployment) and 263.35 to the city that I work in for their income taxes.

So much for having worked hard in school and gotten a good job.  All it gets you is the right to support others.

Yep.  It's disgusting.

ebbierowe
by Gold Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 8:10 AM
Have you triwd adjusting your exemptions? Do you get a refund every year. The goal should be to figure our whar your actual tax amount should be and only hace that taken out. It takes a littlw work so I don't think most people do it.

Dh is military so his pay on rhe 1st was for the last half of Dec. He has gotten his mis month pay yet but we the amount that is taken out still leaves us with a decent amount of money
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
quickbooksworm
by Ruby Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 8:11 AM
How exactly is the temporary tax cuts expiring Obama's fault?

Quoting shellbelle4:

Our pay is similar, it's maddening.  You can thank all those who voted Obama.

Quoting Anonymous:

an appalling amount!  I got paid this morning.  I get paid every other week:

Fed income taxes 1290.51

Medicare 109.31

SS 467.38

That's 1867.20 to the federal govt.  except for SS, which maxes out, that's 26 times a year.  So yes, those getting the EIC and denying that they aren't getting a gift from the rest of us are full of shit.

Plus 115.47 to the state for income taxes, 6.01 to the state that I work in (for unemployment) and 263.35 to the city that I work in for their income taxes.

So much for having worked hard in school and gotten a good job.  All it gets you is the right to support others.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
quickbooksworm
by Ruby Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 8:12 AM
I pay in 13%.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
helema24
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 8:52 AM

Tard the Grumpy Cat - raise

Quoting muzicbox9:

Quoting helema24:

Grumpy Cat Hates Us All

THAT'S FUNNY! Lol.

power bitch slap internetMuslim Cat prays towards Mecca. LoL by: wirgylovesamletoandshayaprofessor cat. replySPOCK'S MILKSHAKE[]

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:15 AM
Are you claiming all your witholdings? I file for zero witholdings even though I'm married with two kids and a house. That way I get a nice refund at year end instead if paying but I know plenty of people that do the opposite and file for maximum witholdings on their W9 so that they will not see as much get eaten from their paycheck each month. The federal taxation is nothing compared to what SSI takes plus you can't get a refund on that.

Time to get some more little tax shelters :p
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:41 AM

nothing!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:41 AM
i claim 1.. i could claim 2. im thinking about doing it so i get more in my paycheck.

Quoting Anonymous:

Are you claiming all your witholdings? I file for zero witholdings even though I'm married with two kids and a house. That way I get a nice refund at year end instead if paying but I know plenty of people that do the opposite and file for maximum witholdings on their W9 so that they will not see as much get eaten from their paycheck each month. The federal taxation is nothing compared to what SSI takes plus you can't get a refund on that.

Time to get some more little tax shelters :p

BigMamaMN
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:15 AM

With no taxes this magical land would have potholes on every street, emaciated elderly, no police force or fire department, no public education, stray animals everywhere...

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:30 AM
Works for an oil refinery.

Quoting Anonymous:

Holy crap! What's he do? We need an income like that!

Quoting Anonymous:

My husband's (bi-weekly) check was $9,172 gross, $5,227 net, and $1,313 went to fed tax.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)