Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Working Mama's or non working who deal with the money!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

How much gets taken out of your paycheck (or SO's weekly in taxes)

I make $820 a week and bring home $ 550 of that. Thats 270$ a week!

Thats over a thousand dollars a month..

I know its neccessary, not trying to start a debate. Its just crazy to do the math.

I need to find a magical land with no taxes... 820$ a week! that would be amazing! lol

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:14 AM
Replies (161-170):
SuperMommyOf_2
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 3:00 PM
My husband had 8k taken out of his check last year for federal taxes. Another 10k went to state taxes, 2 retirement funds, and medical insurance. I look at it and I'm like wow that's a lot gone but at least a lot of it is going to good use.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Luna091306
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 3:03 PM

I take that back....I think it is typically less since this month his commission was really high. It's generally around 6 and this past month it was 12,000 BUT since he didn't get any commissions the last month or two he was about 5K in the red. I hate how his paychecks work. We always see the money (with draws) but it's disheartening seeing 12K and then all the deductions from past draws. He only took home about 2K this past check...after taxes and draws were deducted.

Quoting Luna091306:

On his last commisson check 1662.00 was taken out. On his draw (which is every two weeks except when he is paid commission) 32.00 was taken out for federal. SS 509.47 was taken from commisson. 38.77 from the draw. 119 and 13.39 for Medicare. 388.00 and 7.00 for state. 

So....in total 2769.63 is taken from his checks each month. :/

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

shellbelle4
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 3:18 PM

I asked my husband and he said it depends on what dept you work for. He works for DHS which apparently is on a different retirement system than other fed employees. He has a retirement that he pays into every month, but he also pays into SS and has been told by superiors that he won't be able to collect it.

Quoting deepthinker:

Quoting shellbelle4:

Even more annoying to me is that my DH is a fed employee who doesn't get to withdrawal SS when he's older but he still has to pay into it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting shellbelle4:

Our pay is similar, it's maddening.  You can thank all those who voted Obama.

Quoting Anonymous:

an appalling amount!  I got paid this morning.  I get paid every other week:

Fed income taxes 1290.51

Medicare 109.31

SS 467.38

That's 1867.20 to the federal govt.  except for SS, which maxes out, that's 26 times a year.  So yes, those getting the EIC and denying that they aren't getting a gift from the rest of us are full of shit.

Plus 115.47 to the state for income taxes, 6.01 to the state that I work in (for unemployment) and 263.35 to the city that I work in for their income taxes.

So much for having worked hard in school and gotten a good job.  All it gets you is the right to support others.

Yep.  It's disgusting.

This is complete bullshit.  I'm a federal employee and the only people who can't pull SS in the future are those under CSRS, but they don't put into either.  FERS employees pay into SS as well as their retirement plan, they pull social security when they reach the age, and FERS is like a federal version of a 401K.

lambdarose
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 4:35 PM

$450 approximately gets taken out every paycheck.

lowencope
by Platinum Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 4:37 PM
I should probably know but I don't. Judge away. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 53 on Jan. 12, 2013 at 5:27 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

an appalling amount!  I got paid this morning.  I get paid every other week:

Fed income taxes 1290.51

Medicare 109.31

SS 467.38

That's 1867.20 to the federal govt.  except for SS, which maxes out, that's 26 times a year.  So yes, those getting the EIC and denying that they aren't getting a gift from the rest of us are full of shit.

Plus 115.47 to the state for income taxes, 6.01 to the state that I work in (for unemployment) and 263.35 to the city that I work in for their income taxes.

So much for having worked hard in school and gotten a good job.  All it gets you is the right to support others.

Wait a minute, your city has income taxes, yeah ok.

Allisonc7910
by Gold Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 6:39 PM

About 550 or so gets taken out of our checks combined, but we get little federal taken out.  Health  insurance is what kills us.

nataliesmom2012
by Platinum Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 6:57 PM

I have $117 taken out every month for federal taxes.
$91 for social security
and $32 for Tricare

so a total of $240 a month gets taken out for taxes.

calvinsmommy18
by Gold Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 8:20 PM

idk how much dh gets taken out weekly, he doesnt get pay stubs, just a w-2 at the end of the year. i get a paycheck every 2 weeks and i get close to 100 taken out in taxes,maybe a bit more since ss tax went up, and i only work part time.

toybar02
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:33 PM
yall are complaining about $300 being taken out for taxes on your checks i wish that was all they took from me, what they take out of mine could be somebodies paycheck, i hate it but i dont complain because it wont change anything
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)